• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

'Messaging' App Always Forcing Close

AHWagner

Android Enthusiast
May 20, 2010
Maryland
www.ahwagnerphoto.com
Randomly the messaging app from HTC (the one that comes with the phone) forces itself to close and then deletes all my texts. It happens when I'm not using the phone or using the phone, and at any given time. Sometimes I get an error that says 'Force Close' or 'Wait' and sometimes I don't get any error.

Does anyone have some insight on whats going on here? I've reset/turned off the phone numerous times, but did not fix this issue.

Thanks for the help!

Randomly the messaging app from HTC (the one that comes with the phone) forces itself to close and then deletes all my texts. It happens when I'm not using the phone or using the phone, and at any given time. Sometimes I get an error that says 'Force Close' or 'Wait' and sometimes I don't get any error.

Does anyone have some insight on whats going on here? I've reset/turned off the phone numerous times, but did not fix this issue.

Thanks for the help!
I've gotten the force close problem a few times, but my texts haven't been deleted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones