• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messaging App Leads to Random Apps?

I've had some pretty twonky stuff happen with the messaging app. About twice now, I've opened a new message and it will say the message came from someone it actually didn't come from. Luckily because the messaging app saves the messages as a thread you can usually tell crap like this happens, still, it's annoying and confusing. Doesn't happen too often though. Earlier just today I clicked a message to open it and it opened an old message someone sent me a few days ago. Again, doesn't happen often, annoying when it does though.

Upvote 0
This also happens to me every once in a while... if i hit the back button a couple times, it'll usually take me back to messages, however there have been times where I have had to turn the phone off, then back on, because it refuses to take me to the messages, and will continue to launch random apps. It's pretty frustrating, but thankfully this has only happened to me a couple times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones