• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Messaging app, similar to Blackberry?

DatacomGuy

Android Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2010
Atlanta, FL
Switched to the Droid over the weekend, and thus far am totally in love with this phone. I've been an avid BB user for the last 5 or 6 years, and this is a MUCH welcomed change.

One thing I did like about the blackberry is the central messaging. SMS, MMS, emails from multiple accounts, IM's, facebook notifications, etc all appeared in one app, on one screen.

Is there a way or an app that accomplishes a similar design in regards to handling inbound messages? I'm familiar with the notifications, but its not quite the same..

I havent found one, but boy do I miss that feature! I think there is a paid for widget out there that may do something similar but I keep forgetting the name of it and I'm a cheapskate as well. Its "pure messaging", I think the guy makes a calendar and stuff too.

Yeah, I've loaded up on pure messenger and pure calendar. Calendar is working great, but messenger doesn't work at all for me right now, and you have to use K9 mail app to use it to begin with (might be worth checking out anyway, K9 looks decent)

Wish I was good at coding. I'd whip up an app like that, would be so useful for us BB converts. Central messaging makes life so much easier..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones