1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Messaging backup 1.5 to 2.1 problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DME43, Jun 7, 2011.

1. DME43

DME43 Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Hi all,
    I had backed-up my contacts and messaging on my X10 and have got my contacts up, but in messaging there is no option at all to import from memory card all the messages. I had backed-up on android 1.5 and now am on 2.1.
    If possible I require a reply asap due to restrictions in Iran
    thanks

Advertisement

2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Your contacts are back likely because they were synced with your google account. What app did you use to back up your text messages?

3. DME43

DME43 Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    The phone has no active or non-active connection with google as its in Iran and is blocked. I used android 1.5's own backup system for both contacts and messages and they had backed up successfully as I flashed 1.5 before and tested it out before I updated android.

4. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    First you want to figure out where it backed up the messages before you can do anything. If it backed the messages up on the SIM card, then you can restore them easily by going to Applications and opening Messaging, hitting the Menu button and open Settings and chose SIM Messages. Then you can get all the messages on there.

The other way that it might have done it (and probably did) was back it up on your sdcard.

If you have a computer and your phone and a USB cord you can plug in the phone, mount the drive. And look for a folder called /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore Or some other folder called Backup or MMSBackup or Messages or BackupMessages or something like that.

Is there anything in that folder? Or look for a folder on the sdcard that might have your messages. You could also search the entire sdcard (right click and search on it) for anything that was backed up on that specific date if you know it.

If that is the case, the only way to get those messages might be to download an app...and I don't know if you can do that.

5. DME43

DME43 Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    i'll send this over to my cousin in iran, thanks very much