1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Messaging fix anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Juanmendoza17, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Juanmendoza17

Juanmendoza17 Newbie

I'm running He's CM rom and I can't get messaging to work. I receive messages, but I can't send them at all. The other person doesn't get my messages at all I tried reverting back and installing it again and it still didn't work. Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Erik-_-Chavez

Erik-_-Chavez Well-Known Member

I have the same problem on cm10 bats 4

3. justoneguy

justoneguy Well-Known Member

Did you wipe everything like you were supposed to? If do try force closing the app and clear data?

4. TheDemon

TheDemon Android Enthusiast

Depends on what rom you're using. I know how to fix sms.

5. Android?What!?

Android?What!? Android Enthusiast

Is it possible to fix SMS on hk's beta 4?

6. Juanmendoza17

Juanmendoza17 Newbie

Is there a way to fix hk's beta 4 messaging problem? This is far the most completed rom, it just needs sms fixed. Can you give us like a zip file to flash and fix sms?

7. TheDemon

Yes it is an easy fix. I'll make the file + zip later when I have the time. Unless someone else wants to.

Juanmendoza17 and johnnyl1111 like this.
  8. TheDemon

Alright here's the flashable sms fix.
    I haven't tested it yet so tell me if it works or not.

Most likely does work. But anyways this will fix sms for hk's beta 4. I don't know if it will also work on any other roms you're trying to port yourself. But it's worth a try. Just be careful.

I figured this out when I fixed sms on Miui. If you want to know how it's done PM me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72nasy4vc5m1bhb/SmsFix.zip

g0lden likes this.
  9. milk909

milk909 Member

sadly, it doesnt

10. Android?What!?

Your saying it won't work on others or it doesn't work at all?

11. milk909

milk909 Member

Tried only on HK.

Android?What!? likes this.
  12. Xt51

Xt51 Android Enthusiast

So no worky at all? Damn. That sucks.

13. TheDemon

14. Android?What!?

15. Xt51

Xt51 Android Enthusiast

Go to system/framework. It should be in there. If im wrong someone correct me

16. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert

thats correct. oh btw if you guys use that rom or any other hk based port with loki you'll get bootloop because it's d firmware based.

if you guys get it fixed let me know i have permission to edit and post mirrors for that rom. i can update it.

17. Android?What!?

18. TheDemon

You'll get the same problem.
    Someone PM me I'll tell you what you need to do. I think I have an idea of what's wrong. Too lazy to try again still working on slimbean.

Android?What!? likes this.
  19. Android?What!?

well i went to system/framework and i found framework.jar and framework2.jar.

whats that all about?

20. Xt51

Xt51 Android Enthusiast

Only change framework.jar if im not mistaken

21. milk909

milk909 Member

Going to try that last zip after I charge my phone. I stayed up last night trying to get this working replacing the mms.apk and framework.jar, but I don't really have time to try today... I PM you you, TheDemon, you're more knowledgeable than me. Hopefully, you can guide me(us) in the right direction.

22. Android?What!?

didn't work.. And that would be great. I know how to decompile but not sure what to do after lol

23. milk909

milk909 Member

Everything I've tried so far doesn't work. I even messed around with build.prop stuff.

24. TheDemon

I'll just tell you how here.

The reason why sms sends blank texts is because HK used our korean or chinese "twin" device The Optimus LTE2 (It's just a little bigger). The device has a sms text encoding set to Korean or chinese so when you try sending text with english characters it sends blanks. You need a framework.jar from a device running the same rom your using. I typically use another device thats LG. I did that with Miui with a random lg device. And with Paranoid I used PlayfulGods cm10 for our device.

The trick is the framework.jar. Inside you have a file called classes.dex you need to decompile that. So open framework.jar with 7zip, pull out the classes.dex and use this to decompile and recompile the file http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2163286.

You will need two folders of this tool. I have ROMToolsPCv3 Base, and ROMToolsPCv3 port.

The classes.dex that you're trying to fix should go in port and the one you're taking files from should be in base.

Inside both folders you should have classout>com>android>internal
    I replaced internal(port) with the one from playfulgods(base) completely and it fixed paranoid. Same with Miui. So that's why I don't really understand why it didn't work. Try replacing just Telephony with the folder from PG's and maybe textservice.

Do not go crazy and use a random device as base. I used a random htc and bricked my motion or put it in testing mode or something when I didn't know what I was doing. But make sure to back up your modem.

If you still can't get this to work I guess I'll flash HK's beta 4 and try myself.

25. milk909

milk909 Member

I've tried, but I'm gonna keep trying.

If you do have the spare time, please do. I think I'm just about ready to give up.

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews