1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Messaging has stopped

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    About a month ago, I got the droid ultra from Verizon. This past week, I have been getting the error message "Unfortunately, the process com.motorola.messaging has stopped." Whenever I try to send a picture message and it force closes the texting program. When I started recieving this error, my phone also stopped receiving picture messages. It receives an error message saying "Message not downloaded."

I have tried various solutions such as downloading an external texting app: SMS pro, restarting my phone, and clearing the cache from Settings > Apps > All > Messaging > Clear cache. However, nothing has worked for me so far.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to try? I would hate to think I spent over one hundred dollars on a new phone only for it to have problems within the first month. If there isn't a way to solve it, does anyone know if it would be possible to gain some sort of reimbursement?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    It's still under wwarranty. Bring it in to Verizon and have the techs take a look at it.

3. Saleen1978

Saleen1978 Lurker
    None

Jun 19, 2014
    I have the same problem & so do alot of others. I believe it has something to do with the recent Kit Kat update because my phone started messing up shortly after the update. I downloaded Verizon's messenger app from the playstore & I can send & receive pics now. We will just have to wait for them to fix this update because getting a new phone will not solve the problem.