1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Messaging icon missing in pic gallery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sbebenelli, Jun 5, 2013.

1. sbebenelli

sbebenelli Newbie

I just switched to Verizon and got a Note 2. I had a Galaxy S3 from US Cellular and when looking at a picture in the gallery it had a spot at the top it had the messaging icon so I could quickly send a picture message. The Note 2 appears to not have this.

Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing to get this? I used it all the time and hate that the Note doesn't have it.

This is the icon I'm talking about that's on my S3......

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast

It appears in landscape mode, but not in portrait mode, on my device.

3. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

It is probably a carrier customized shortcut. I have the AT&T version and it doesn't have it in either portrait or landscape mode. You could click the Share icon and find the message app icon in there. Maybe if you selected the message app in Share enough, it will show up as a shortcut? I don't know.

4. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Just to give you a perspective on that additional icon, I have the Sprint version and the icon that displays is always the last program I used to share a picture. So, if I uploaded something to Photobucket, it'll show the Photobucket Icon next to the Share button. If I shared a picture via text, it'll show the text messaging application I use. If I shared it through instragram, it'll show the instagram Icon.

Again, this is just my experience with the Sprint version, but I'm figuring that isn't something the carriers would need to change necessarily, so I'd say that you should just try sharing something and see if the icon comes up when you go back to the gallery (after sharing).

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews