• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messaging Issue After System Update

smigl84

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
I couldn't find my particular problem in the forums, so...new member and first post!

I've got an HTC Inspire and the other day was prompted and completed a system update (I'm not completely sure which update, but it says I'm running Android 2.3.3 and HTC Sense 2.1).

Having no problems before then, after the update whenever one of my contacts sends me a text message, their contact information is no longer associated with it, like it's a non-contact texting me. The phone number shows up with a '1' and/or '+' in front of the number, but when I click on the number and choose to view contact, it still goes to the right person in my contacts list.

I tried adding 1's and/or +'s to all of my contacts, which was a momentary fix, but then each time a new text comes in it goes back to no picture, no name, and just a phone number with the 1 and/or + in front of it.

I've also tried resetting the phone, unlinking and relinking them to their facebook's, and deleting the whole message thread...but none of that has worked.

Any clues? Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones