1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Messaging not storing 10 digits

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by guitarjunkie, Dec 15, 2011.

1. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    When initiating a text from the contacts screen (by pressing the messaging icon), the messaging screen does not show up as having 10 numbers, even though it is stored in contacts with 10 numbers. However, if I start a message from the Messaging icon, it comes up fine and I can send an intial text, but I'd like to be able to start it from the contacts. Also, even after I have sent that first text from Messaging icon and I receive a text back, I can't reply because the 7-digit number restores itself and I get the error message. Anybody else having this issue or know how to fix it. I've tried clearing the dialer cache and then re-booting the phone, but that didn't work. It's not happening with every number either, only a few.

Advertisement

2. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    1,group your contact and send the message through group name, then mass message will be sent out.

2,looks all HTC phones all have the same phenomenon that only match the last 7 number in the message, and only reply to the long contact number. and for short number only re-edit a new message for reply.