1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Messaging problem with only ONE contact...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Noonanx09, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Noonanx09

Noonanx09 New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Yesterday, all of the saved messages to only one of my contacts disappeared and I was unable to view any messages he sent after that. I'm using the native Droid messsaging app and the thread still exists. When I try to open it, it takes me to a new message. I also cannot delete the thread. This is only happening with this contact and nothing else. I can read what's in the messages he's sending me through the ... "thread preview" (in the thread list when it shows part of the most recent message). I know he's getting my messages because he responds...

I can't figure out why it would only be happening to ONE contact and how to fix it.

Advertisement

2. pEktaS

pEktaS Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    you could try installing a different messanging app, it is prob just a glitch in the system.

I personally use handcent sms which works very well and is very customizable but there are a couple out there that you could try

3. Noonanx09

Noonanx09 New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Well I can actually open the thread with handcent sms... That's a start. It doesn't register that I've read the messages, however. Also, with handcent sms am I supposed to have to write the contact the message is for every time I write a new message? It seems like if I'm in the thread and I go to type a message while I'm there, it should default to the contact's thread...