• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messaging Shortcut Not Working?

About once a day, sometimes two or three times, the messaging shortcut on my homepage stops working. Sometimes when I tap it, my clock widget flips back to another random time, but that doesn't always happen. I can't access messaging at all when this happens. If I tap from the homepage, longpress the home to get to my last applications, or go from the applications list, it won't open. Every time, I have to restart my phone. It has been happening for at least two months now, and the phone is only about 5 months old.

Also, probably more than once a day, when I tap on the messaging shortcut, it will bring me to either the browser or my yahoo mail app. I can press back until I get back to messaging, but sometimes that also results in not being able to access the messaging app.

Does anybody know what's going on or how I could fix it?

It sure sounds like something is pretty wonky. I wonder if just removing the shortcut and then replacing it would help? But it does sound like you have something going on, and when I have things get that way that a reboot doesn't fix, then I try a factory data reset. In fact I had to do that when I first got my droid over a year ago because the gps was acting up.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones