1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Messaging Shortcut Not Working?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jessimo093, Nov 23, 2010.

1. jessimo093

jessimo093 New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    About once a day, sometimes two or three times, the messaging shortcut on my homepage stops working. Sometimes when I tap it, my clock widget flips back to another random time, but that doesn't always happen. I can't access messaging at all when this happens. If I tap from the homepage, longpress the home to get to my last applications, or go from the applications list, it won't open. Every time, I have to restart my phone. It has been happening for at least two months now, and the phone is only about 5 months old.

Also, probably more than once a day, when I tap on the messaging shortcut, it will bring me to either the browser or my yahoo mail app. I can press back until I get back to messaging, but sometimes that also results in not being able to access the messaging app.

Does anybody know what's going on or how I could fix it?

Advertisement

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Store Manager
    Pinetop, AZ
    It sure sounds like something is pretty wonky. I wonder if just removing the shortcut and then replacing it would help? But it does sound like you have something going on, and when I have things get that way that a reboot doesn't fix, then I try a factory data reset. In fact I had to do that when I first got my droid over a year ago because the gps was acting up.

good luck

3. jessimo093

jessimo093 New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I've done that a few times before but it hasn't worked. I'd rather not do a factory reset, so I'll probably just live with it. It's not a huge hassle, just an annoyance.