• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messaging shows unread message, but there are none.

rosy_55

Lurker
Sep 30, 2011
Hi,

My Messaging Icon shows 1 new message. When I select it, It says "No conversations".

Whenever I turn on my phone, notifications at the top left displays a text message that says "can't make it sat"

When I go into messaging, and search for "sat", the message comes up, but I Can't do anything with it. When I select it, it just creates a brand new text message. There are no menu options.

I have tried "Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Messaging > Clear Data, but it still shows up. I have also tried removing the battery.

Can anyone tell me where this message could be hiding in my phone?

Thanks

Rosy_55

Now happened to me too. i had a new message come in but was clearing a heap of others at the time & thought it was OK to delete it. wrong. Think this happens due to the fact that when you hit delete it marks it as empty space rather than truly send it to the void. By getting a new message it will then fill the space marked by the annoying ghost message. Just wondering how many messages i now have to build up to get rid of this crappy glitch Samsung should obviously have fixed by now!

Upvote 0
Here are some screenshots showing the problem. New notification shows up. If I drag down and click the message, I get the new message screen shown on the right. If I clear the notification, the messaging app still shows a new message. If I search for the message, it pops up (the 1-410-000-412 message), and if I click it, I get the same new message screen shown on the right.

1008738_10152909514185533_937968963_o.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi,

My Messaging Icon shows 1 new message. When I select it, It says "No conversations".

Whenever I turn on my phone, notifications at the top left displays a text message that says "can't make it sat"

When I go into messaging, and search for "sat", the message comes up, but I Can't do anything with it. When I select it, it just creates a brand new text message. There are no menu options.

I have tried "Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Messaging > Clear Data, but it still shows up. I have also tried removing the battery.

Can anyone tell me where this message could be hiding in my phone?

Thanks

Rosy_55

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones