1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Messed up root big time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Djstyles92, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Djstyles92

Djstyles92 Lurker

So I just rooted my phone, only problem now is I have no apps or anything. There is no app store, i have no contacts or anything, and i cant connect to my gmail account. I have no idea what to do, especially since I thought that rom manager made a backup of my stuff.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gnosisjunky

gnosisjunky Well-Known Member

This is normal. When you first root and the new custom rom is pushed to your phone it starts as new and none of your stuff is going to be on the phone until you put it on there. The same will be true when you flash a new rom. The only concern I have is not being able to log in with your gmail. Is the internet working on your phone? If all else fails you can go to a pc and log into your gmail then go to google.com/contacts and all of your contacts that were synced with your gmail will display for you but you have to be logged in of coarse. You can get the google play apk here if you still need it [APK] Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD - xda-developers. Good luck on this.

3. Djstyles92

Djstyles92 Lurker

Well I downloaded the play store, but when I use it it says that I need to add an account to the device. When I click yes to add account now it does nothing and kicks me to the main screen

4. gnosisjunky

Try adding your gmail by going to accounts and sync. Menu key > settings > accounts and sync. Do you know what Rom you are using right now? Some roms like cyanogenmod don't come with Google services baked in. If it is cyanogenmod then you can get googleservices here Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps-gb-2 0110828-signed.zip You have to flash this from recovery. Hope this helps.

5. Djstyles92

Djstyles92 Lurker

ok well i got my google account to sync to my phone, but I still cant do anything with the app store, which means still no apps for me. Also, yes I'm using cyanogenmod

6. gnosisjunky

7. andrews317

andrews317 Android Enthusiast

Do you have Google Play and can