1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Messed up sd cards

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by pitmanr2003, Nov 18, 2009.

1. pitmanr2003

pitmanr2003 Member

Nov 1, 2009
    this may not be the right place for it, but i dont know where else to go. I have 2 micro sd cards. one a 4gig that i used in my g1 and a 8gig that i use in my hero. in my hero the 8gig says damaged sd card. it happened last night while trying to copy a bunch of stuff from laptop and it crashed during it. says i need to format it, but it just locks up phone and i have to pull battery out to restart. tried to do it from windows, but it wont even mount. so i was going to try to use my old 4gig from my g1 that i could never delete or add any files to. no luck there either. i can access it and copy files and they will be there, but then they just disapeer. i tried formating in windows and it formats and shows empty, but then everything comes back. is there a way to fix these cards like a formating program or something. this is crazy.

Advertisement

2. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Maintence
    Valparaiso, IN
    I have a similar problem with 1 gig SD cards and my digital camera. Win XP says the card is formated and fine, but when I put them in my camera, it says that the cards are bad.

3. uioiassas

uioiassas New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I think this is enough .....
    I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way:cool::eek::p:(