1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Messege time problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jehdesai, May 1, 2011.

1. jehdesai

jehdesai New Member

May 1, 2011
    I have a problem with the incoming SMSs ,when I receive a sms the time on it is lagging behind my DELL STREAK set time,when I select either internet time or service provider time. Eg time set through internet is 7.00 PM but when I receive a reply for my msgs/sms it is 6.50 PM ,thus it is lagging behind,and the sequence of the msg thread becomes upside down.If I correct this lag by manually setting the time,my mobile clock becomes 9-10 mins behind actual time.how do i correct this?the sim works fine in other handsets.

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    I know some SMS apps can alter the time stamps on incomming or outgoing messages, to compensate for that kind of thing, without actually changing the phone's clock. I had a look though and handcent, the one I use only does it in 1 hour blocks. You may have luck with some other SMS apps.

3. jehdesai

jehdesai New Member

May 1, 2011
    I not using any third party app,its the default sms spp that comes wit the fone...so why there is discrepancy in time when set to internet time or mobile operator time? i hav put my mobile on manual time and pushed it 4 mins back,but caus of which im late at places as unknowingly i refer my mobile.is there no way to fix this ?

btw handcent is a cool app thanks!!