1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Messenger+ copy and paste no longer work

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by treddie, Feb 21, 2019.

1. treddie

treddie Newbie

Hi.

I have this bizarre problem with Messenger+, where I used to be able to copy and paste text from anywhere in the thread. I would click-hold a word and Messenger+ would select the word with handles on either side. Moving the handles allowed me to expand the selection if needed, or I could do a "select-all" to select the entire post.

This is gone now. Now, when doing a click-hold, all that happens is that a menu pops up with limited options. Copy and paste are gone.

On another forum they offered a procedure to fix this, but it does not work on my phone.

2. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Another reason why I stop using it and went to the old messenger system, that way I can view them on my phone without going into the app itself. I do not care for copy and paste, unless you can do multi window and just write it down, so you can copy it to the messenger. Sort of old school myself that way.

3. treddie

treddie Newbie

Thanks for your reply Milo. I was kind of leaning in that direction. I think you're right.

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

This isn't the Verizon messaging app is it?
    The "download" button at the top of the forum, for some reason, brings me to a broken link in the PlayStore.

5. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Had this running issue for since I got the phone, so decided only do the messenger without the plus icon, works pretty well with my family communicating with me :)

Messenger Plus

Messenger Plus Forum

messenger.free.call.chat.social

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs