1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

messenger sounds off?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Abokka, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Abokka

Abokka Newbie

HUAWEI Y6 (2017)

I had to reinstall Android on my phone, so after that some Apps didn't work anymore as they used to. Some I couldn't even use anymore, because they had newer version which doesn't anymore work on the old Android version which I have.

Most annoying has been Messenger (by FB)... I have effect sounds on, while I am sending a message, or receiving etc. I don't know how to remove those. Only way so far has been to take off the Ringtone sounds (mute), but that's not the ideal way, as after I cannot hear the phone calls - because often I just forget the put the sounds back on.

I removed the notification sounds already, so it's not about that. I don't know now how to fix this... so please, if you can help, please let me know. Thanks.

/// huawei support couldn't help; they just told to contact to Messenger/FB - but as everybody might already know, their support sucks harder than almost anything (=not answering EVER).

#1 Abokka, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

The Huawei Y6 came with Android 9 AFAIK, which is quite a recent version and should still be fully supported by FB Messenger etc.

What did you actually "reinstall", the original Huawei Y6 EMUI Android 9 firmware, or some other custom ROM? If your phone is rooted and running a custom ROM, then Huawei and probably FB support won't be interested in it. As it's not something they support.

MrJavi likes this.
  3. Abokka

Abokka Newbie

I don't know if it's really called "reinstalling Android"... I went back to factory settings, as Huawei support recommended me earlier, because my phone was overloaded with mysterious MB's of some files which I couldn't find from my folders. That helped some while, but now my drive is almost full again... 15GB of 16GB.

I have now HUAWEI Y6 (2017) / EMUI 4.1 / MYA-L41 / Android 6.0
    I don't know if it's the same as it was when I bought the phone.

Anyway, like I told, some Apps didn't work anymore (Apps have made a newer version, which is no more Android 6.0 compatible).
    Messenger DOES work. But that also looks now different, than before going back to factory settings. But the problem is those effect sounds inside that App.

#3 Abokka, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  4. Abokka

Abokka Newbie

ah sorry, my mistake, my phone is actually Y6 2017; I edited the earlier text.

Huawei Y6 Forum

The Huawei Y6 release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.09" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, MT6761 Helio A22 processor, and 3020mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews