1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Messenging Issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Torrid, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Torrid

Torrid Android Enthusiast

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the messenging on the GS3...every now and then (sometimes once a day), all of my texts disappear, and the GS3 says I have no messages. I have to reboot the device to get them back. Even when I use a third party app, this still happens...has anyone else experienced this?

2. Torrid

No one else has problems with Messanging crashing?

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Nope but its obviously a database issue if its in all messaging apps...

4. Torrid

Okay thank you...some corrupt data, perhaps? Where too look?

5. Black Snow

Black Snow Lurker

I got the same problem....
    Been googling but don't seem to find the solution for this yet...

I use Go SMS Pro for the text, and once in a while, the all the text were gone, or the message won't sent. Then after restart the fone, everything is fine again...

Anyone has the solution for this problems?

6. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Android Enthusiast

if a restart fixes it, wouldnt that be the "solution"

7. jnarciso

jnarciso Newbie

i have the same issue. If I wait long enough it will tell me the messeging process has stopped. Once it gets restarted my texts come back. It seems to happen only when i go the gym, which means my phone has no serivce while its in the locker room for an extended peroid. That is the only place i ever go that doesn't have service for an extened peroid (~1hr) so i assume it has something to do with that.

8. jnarciso

jnarciso Newbie

I would say a solution would be something that prevents it from happening in the future.

9. Black Snow

Black Snow Lurker

Well, the problem is that it keeps re-occuring....
    There's must be some reason for that

10. Torrid

Glad Im not the only one! Is there a way to back up text messages? I was thinking of doing a fresh rebooting the phone, but I really dont want to do that if it really isnt going to solve the problem...and I have some texts I dont want to lose at the moment...

11. Dbgame

Dbgame Lurker

Yes. I re-boot. PITA.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews