• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Messy Messenger

Kathleenmlk

Apr 20, 2017
I'm having a BIG problem with Facebook Messenger. I had been trying to ignore the annoying "push" to use it, but it kept saying that I had messages, which I apparently couldn't get any other way. Despite my doubts (and negative reviews) I dowmloaded the awful thing, or actually sideloaded it, because Google wouldn't allow it. Well, "awful" is an understatement. The worthless nuisance made almost everything else crash or not open at all, and it wasn"t long before I had to uninstall 101 MB of garbage. I'm sure the phone's tiny memory of 8 GB had something to do with, but still...is there a reasonable alternative that I can use to receive messages without destroying anything else? There is a 32 GB SD card, but apparently useless for anything but photos and maybe videos.Xzibit

Reactions: sweetndreemy73

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones