1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Metal flaking off buttons

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asmith001, Dec 17, 2009.

1. asmith001

asmith001 Lurker

[​IMG]

Yesterday afternoon I was putting my Hero down on my desk, and noticed a little piece of something between my fingertips. It was a tiny piece of metal. I looked down at my phone and realized it was a piece of the metal overlay from my end key. Not cool! So, I'll be reloading apps, syncing contacts, etc. today with my new phone. It will probably take me a week or two just to get it back the way I had it.

FYI... Cellular South, not Sprint.

Anyone else seeing this? I know of one other person on Cellular South with this problem. There are not many of us compared to Sprint users, so I assume this will pop up eventually.

2. MILH0U5E

MILH0U5E Lurker

Have the same issue with my sprint hero.

Not gonna waste a return on something that doesn't effect performance.

3. oalvarez

oalvarez Newbie

I suggest getting a cover for the new one.

4. dhowell91

dhowell91 Newbie

Same thing happened to me. About 75% of the metal coating on my end key is gone.

5. SDscorch

SDscorch Android Enthusiast

yepyep! here too!

it just started

but more loss sure to come

i've started dbl-clicking the menu button to wake it up

6. zombdroid

zombdroid Android Enthusiast

That sucks! Any ideas what started the peeling? Do you carry in pocket with other items? Use a tight vertical case (I had one and had to ditch it due to heavy scuffing).

I am in no way suggestioning this is the fault of the user. Just courious. Has any contacted HTC?

7. cbarth3

cbarth3 Member

I had a small piece of the back arrow pop off on mine

8. 5280droid

5280droid Member

My BACK ARROW looks like a circle because of the flaking.

9. asmith001

asmith001 Lurker

My last phone, a bb, had one small nick from being dropped one time during the course of a year. I'm always extremely OCD about how I handle my phone. It's always in an empty pocket. Sometimes with a silicon case, sometimes without. Never been dropped, scratched, etc.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews