• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Metamorph Question

bump, need help please

Unfortunately, I haven't really done too much theming. But, I figured since you weren't getting any responses, I'd try and help.

It's my understanding that certain themes are created for certain ROMs, but plenty of them will work across ROMs. I would basically suggest only using themes designed for sense-based ROMs with Evil Eris 4.

From what I've seen, there are many more themes out there for Cyanogen-based ROMs. If you decide to switch to one of those ROMs, I would recommend CyanogenELB 2.8 by Conap.

Just be sure to always NAND backup before trying any metamorphs. That way if you screw something up and find yourself in a bootloop or something, you can always just pull the battery and restore your NAND backup.

Here's the link to the xda themes page for the Eris. I would look through there for themes:

Droid Eris Themes and Apps - xda-developers

Reactions: ErisLove
Upvote 0
ok i did a nand backup, which is the last backup that u did, the one listed on top or the bottom? bc i dont wanna backup the wrong shit if i mess up and need to?

Hehe, I hear that! The naming structure is weird but it should have the date and time in it. It's just off by like 5 hours or some craziness.

So, basically search for the one with the latest timestamp.

I rename all of my NAND backups almost immediately because of this. Be careful when doing that though, as it doesn't like spaces or weird characters. I just stick with letters and numbers (ie.: xtr303full, Celb28full, Tenzo21full, Tenzo21new). That's what mine look like right now just to give you an idea.

Edit: Wow, I was way too slow on that reply apparently.

Upvote 0
Hehe, I hear that! The naming structure is weird but it should have the date and time in it. It's just off by like 5 hours or some craziness.

So, basically search for the one with the latest timestamp.

I rename all of my NAND backups almost immediately because of this. Be careful when doing that though, as it doesn't like spaces or weird characters. I just stick with letters and numbers (ie.: xtr303full, Celb28full, Tenzo21full, Tenzo21new). That's what mine look like right now just to give you an idea.
ohh sweet u can rename them? how? thru my sd card directory on computer?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones