• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MetaMorph Themes

Never mind. I was finally able to figure out a way to load my updated framework-res.apk file. I'm not sure if I was using MM incorrectly or not, but it wouldn't make any changes when I tried to apply them. I couldn't use adb commands to push the framework-res.apk file to the system/framework/ folder either. I kept getting a "permission denied" response. Finally I just copied the framework file to my sdcard and used adb commands to copy it to the system/framework/ folder and rebooted.

WooHoo
:)

Upvote 0
I want to try another theme but not if it's going to act like this. What is everyone running.

I'm running Cyanogen 5.0.4.2 with the DroidinatorV6 theme. I absolutely love the color scheme, and it's very stable on my system. Another really cool theme is Dark Droid's 24K Gold theme. It has a really cool start-up screen (in 24 K gold, of course). It too is a very stable theme.

-Mike

Upvote 0
I must have something set up wrong. If I use Droidmod's 1.1 updater I am fine but when I tried to switch to Rom Manager nothing gets past the boot screen. I really love the Dark Droid 24k theme and could use some help if anyone has any ideas what I have done wrong.

Figured it out...I am such a dope. I had Sweeter Home set as my default home screen so didn't notice the live wallpaper was active. DUH! Deactivated and good to go.

Upvote 0
hey.. I've not been on this forum in ages.. what are the issues with 24k.. I know that it is up to date and available in many forms, it's jsut a matter of getting tyhe right version from the right place.. too many users, too many forums.. I know i really need to get on this.. I will be checking back here and be able to give support with issues for the time being.

Upvote 0
I still don't have a keyboard with the phone when I dial *228 (have to pull out the physical keyboard) and I think I still have an issue with the voicesearchwithkeyboard apk. Other than that I am very happy. I am so in love with this theme I may never change it. If there is a more up-to-date version than your 03/13 Midastouch update? When I try to apply the voicesearchwithkeyboard theme through Metamorph it causes the voice search to stop working.

Upvote 0
hey.. I've not been on this forum in ages.. what are the issues with 24k.. I know that it is up to date and available in many forms, it's jsut a matter of getting tyhe right version from the right place.. too many users, too many forums.. I know i really need to get on this.. I will be checking back here and be able to give support with issues for the time being.

Is there a plain & simple theme file compatible with MetaMorph? Cause I want to theme my BB 1.0 leak with your 24K theme and I got a boot loop when I tried.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Crap, haven't paid much attention to this thread. Should we start adding in update.zip themes for specific ROM's? Trident, Fab, Fade? If any of you think so then go ahead and edit them into the OP, just give proper instructions as to what ROM they are for.

I think it's a good idea. Won't be able to do anything with it until tomorrow though.

Upvote 0
Are there any other ROMs that this theme will work with besides Koush's? Just curious. I would hate to go to the trouble of changing my ROM just to find I can't get the 24k theme to work with it.

First of all, koush's rom is one of the best out there.. so if yuou are worried about switching TO that.. DONT.. and it does work.. which rom are you looking to theme?

Upvote 0
Oh, OK then. I am running Koush's 5.04.2 at the moment. I was just wondering if it was worth looking around or would I get frustrated trying to get my pretty gold theme back if I changed ROM's. That is non-negotiable for me. I really like that gold theme. There aren't many themes out there that can pass as feminine.

Koki go check out the CyanogenMod Forums... they have a Droid theme section just for CM (in fact most of the themers are now releasing the themes as full CM ROMs (BTW CM is on 5.0.6.2 now if you want to upgrade)

Anyway their is discussion over on the CM Forum by a few of the themers about putting together a feminine theme, there are also a couple of them over there that might suit your style...

Linky goodness:

CyanogenMod Forum -> Motorola Droid Themes

Upvote 0
Ok don't know if anyone has thrown this out there but I've seen a few questions pop up on some other forums so I will let everyone know.

If you update to the newest version of MM none of the themes will work. The newest version has done away completely with the .thm files and require a .xml to work. I would advise anyone who wishes to still use MM to not upgrade until the themes are updated to have the .xml files.

I don't know why they did this as it basicly breaks every single theme out there. However there is a new app put out by the same people called NinjaMorph which allows you to change .png's,mod apps,framework,etc. right from your phone (provided the apps are in /system/apps of course) I used it to change the pulldown background and the launcher button on Helix2 (which is in /system/app for me) and it works like a dream...

Upvote 0
where can i find a metamorph theme for the 24k battery indicator? or really any metamorph file that will overlay a percentage on my battery indicator? I used to have one that worked, but the file isn't compatible with the metamorph update.

You could convert the theme with the battery you want so it is compatible:
[RELEASE] Metamorph - Theme Control File Upgrader - xda-developers

Or, if you have an old nandroid backup with the version of Metamorph before the update, you could use WinRar to unzip it and pull the old Metamorph apk from that.

If you can't find the older version of Metamorph, I have it. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Upvote 0
I tried the theme upgrader but I must not be smarter than a fifth grader because, while it did put an xml in the file for me, it lost the framework-res.apk in the process. I got so frustrated. I was really glad I had pulled all of my apps off of my phone and saved them to a file on my desktop as a safety precaution. I was able to uninstall the updated version of metamorph and reinstall the 1.9.4 version and all is well in my world again with the 24k theme. When the theme is properly updated by someone who knows what they are doing I will try again to update metamorph.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones