• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Metamorph

Has anyone used the metamorph app, and if so, did/does it work for you? I've been reading about it all day on how to use it with everyone having a different opinion on how to use it, and it just will not work for me. I just watched a video of someone using the app and seemed like a piece of cake. I did the exact same thing this guy did and all I get is, "The theme you have selected is invalid because the theme control file could be missing, or is not correctly written." What's the deal?

Same problem here, couldnt theme it. But one issue i know that makes the app not work, is the way LG renamed stocks with a slight variation so the script used in metamorph themes do not work because they do not contain the variated names of the files. And dont try renaming the apps in your system, just screws them up for some reason.

Upvote 0
Same problem here, couldnt theme it. But one issue i know that makes the app not work, is the way LG renamed stocks with a slight variation so the script used in metamorph themes do not work because they do not contain the variated names of the files. And dont try renaming the apps in your system, just screws them up for some reason.

Lol, doesn't surprise me. Leave it to LG to screw up a phone. Call blocker apps do not work on my phone as well because of the way LG designed the phone. I swear, sometimes I would just love to toss this phone up in the air and whack it with a baseball bat.

Upvote 0

Just throwing this out there.. Not sure if it would work or even how to do it off the topic of my head.. But would it be possible to create symbolic links of the files so it would recognize them? Granted whoever did this would need to know what files to link..

This could also be a fix for the call blocker apps that won't work..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones