1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Metro announced S3 and 3 other phones

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Arsis, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Arsis

Arsis Newbie

alfick3 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

3. anubispax

anubispax Well-Known Member

4. manesag

manesag Well-Known Member

Too bad I'm not switching phones for a while

5. douglasr007

douglasr007 Member

I wonder how much the phone will be

6. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Between 500 540

7. HereticSins

HereticSins Android Expert

Damn you guys be spending like 600 bucks on a new phone? I thought metropcs was for poor and cheap people like me. :D

8. pcgamer

pcgamer Android Enthusiast

My mom thought the same, then my dad bought her an indulge, Then an esteem, then my dad got a connect... now he wants the s3 xD

9. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

You have a point but there customers that want a high end phone like the s3 and willing to pay I rather do that then spending 100 a month with other carriers

pcgamer likes this.
  10. pcgamer

True

11. THE W

THE W Android Expert

It still is and they're putting out plenty of phones for you guys.

It's good to see metro showing some love to the big ballin money grips though Haha.

12. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

Interestingly enough - MetroPCS needed the S3 to actually sell mid-tier phones and in turn move more people to LTE. Basically it is a known marketing principle if you offer 3 options most people will choose the middle option (ie they come in intending to buy the cheap option, but see the mid option isn't that much more, and feel they are saving by not buying the expensive option). The differences between the options do not even have to be much more than cosmetically different.

So by adding the S3....the $100 to $300 phones look more attractive than when they were the top end phone. Of course it doesn't hurt there is a market of people who are going to buy the S3 at the premium price.

13. trigger1074

trigger1074 Android Enthusiast

I wish this worked in my store, I try and sell people a Connect over a Activa for a 100 more. Much better specs obviously but they still choose that craptiva lol.

14. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

Actually it sounds like it was working with phones like the Connect and Esteem at the high end. The Activia, Wildfire, Attain, and Blackberry being the mid-level price point above the low end Androids and feature phones.

With the release of the Lightray and S3 you now have a new high end, and the Connect (which is the phone with the VoLTE they'll want people on) and Esteem become the mid-level phones.

I could be wrong :) I just know what I've heard studies say.

15. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Look how much the first iPhone was. He'll look at how much the 4s is without a contract. The s3 without a contract is 599 or whatever.

It is a lot of money don't get me wrong, but it's gonna be well worth every penny :D

16. Gomez025

Gomez025 Android Enthusiast

+1
    Yeah the s3 is probably the only serious thing going for me that I'm working for right now. Especially dealers like myself who are paying $35 for full 4G is totally saving me that extra cash :D

17. trigger1074

trigger1074 Android Enthusiast

As a dealer I may just pay the extra to be guaranteed the unlimited for life. Sure id love the discount but if I leave from selling Metro, Id have to change plans :)

and stupid Fedex is taking too long today lol...gimmme my Motion

18. Speeds03

Speeds03 Android Enthusiast

Please post as soon as you guys recieve the LG Motion in stock! And how fast it sells!

19. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Just got it for the wife nice little phone fast no lag and best of all ics

pcgamer likes this.
  20. pcgamer

ALREADY? Awesome.

mike28 likes this.
  21. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Yeah it's nice and fast that makes me crave more ics now this phone packs performance of an high end this phone is the little engine that can

22. Gomez025

Definitely man. I'm leaving soon to become full-time student but the peeps here seem cool enough to let me keep the dealer line but I'm not sure. If not, I'd still stay with metro! Perhaps I can switch over to the new $55 unlimited 4G plan since existing lines can switch to that :D I'll still save nonetheless :thumbup:

23. Gomez025

That's awesome Mike! When you have a chance, we'd love to see some screenshots or pictures of the device at hand that'd be awesome.

24. THE W

THE W Android Expert

How do videos look on the motion? Supposedly it has low resolution and dpi.

25. HereticSins

HereticSins Android Expert

Aye mike, how much was it with taxes and all?