• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro Esteem better then Sprint Marquee ?

jamesrenn

Lurker
Dec 29, 2010
I can't beleive I supposedly upgraded from a Sprint HTC Hero that has tons of roms and recoveries available to a Sprint LG Marquee that doesn't have anything available. The funny thing is that Meto has the Esteem that is similar and people are working on that rom and recovery. Is the Esteem better then the Marquee due to the 4G capability ? We always called Metro "Metro Piece of Shit" over here in silicon valley (San Jose, CA)...hahaha. Looks like I should have downgraded to Metro.:thinking::thinking::thinking:

My gut is telling me the phone is gonna get a lot more love whenever the Boost version is released. It will be the best phone on their and I imagine some people with the know how will port CWM from the Black. The Marquee came out at a horrible time on Sprint and isn't priced right. It should be one of their free phones.

Either way, it would a be shame if nothing ever happens with this phone. Porting CWM would take no more than a day or two if you knew what you were doing. I also imagine all the work done on Black could be ported over even though it's running 2.2. Not to mention LG has promised ICS for the Black, which could be useful if the Marquee never gets it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones