1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Metro PCS 3/4 G Down in NYC today?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Modman, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Modman

Modman Android Enthusiast

Couldn't get any data connection on my phone since last nite. Rooted this phone since the I got it. Sometimes I get crappy 1x signals. But today I have no data at all for the first time. It usually eventually returns to 4 G but this time its out since last nite.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

I'm assuming you visited my thread....;)

3. The Flow

The Flow Newbie

NYC'er here, 4G is solid and fast... both @ home and here @ the office.

4. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Android Enthusiast

Here are a few suggestions.
    Turn on airplane mode for a few minutes.
    Check your settings to make sure the data connection box is checked.
    Reboot the phone.
    Download LTE on/off. This app can be used for turning off 4G in favor of 3G or 1X (usually for better battery) but you might be able to use it to return your signal.

5. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

uhm. I wouldn't recommended that app because it brings issue to mobile network.

6. Fabing

Fabing Lurker

I bought this phone last saturday, live in NYC and did not have 4G signal for the past two days! I found out the root of my problem was the Easy Battery Saver App. I had to Reset my phone for the 4G to come back but "Jeyd02" has another suggestion in a similar thread. I guess just click his or my name and look for the thread.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews