• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro PCS Black Friday Sale 2013 ideas?

If MetroPCS does not offer deals for an existing customers for black friday, there is no reason to defend them. We'd like to see some deals, it's not like we are on contract, we might walk away to a better deal and sell our devices on ebay, or unlock them and take it elsewhere. Everyone gets your point, but its not an excuse for them, especially that metro is part of bigger company now.

If someone can't understand that there's no need to incentivize an already current customer than I'm not wasting my time trying to educate them. Incentives are for new customers or those on contract that may leave.

I don't need for you or anyone else to decide for me when I defend Metro or when I don't. I am no Mero fanboy. I attaboy them when they deserve that but I also bounce the cider block off their foreheads when they deserve that too.

You're already getting the best deal with Metro in celldom. Anyone with brains knows that.

If you don't like Metro, leave. Just don't come into a carrier phone forum with your full input being to spread hate about that carrier. It's obnoxious and very close to being against forum rules for being inflammatory.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
To me, it makes ZERO business sense to discount a current flagship phone like the S4. They aren't going to "do deals" Just To make customers happy, there has to be a bitness sense reason too. (Or the people flyin' the plane are loons)

Now what WOULD make bitness sense would be $100 off the GSM S3. That isn't a current Must Have phone but Would still be an incentive to the CDMA, upper shelf desiring stragglers to switch over. (Which accomplishes At Least as much a business objective as it is a deal for the customer. See? )

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
Well not discount, but I meant to say they should put a shitty rebate on it at least, they'd make bank putting the S4 up as if it had a discount but when they go to the store they tell the customers it's just a rebate (that they'll probably get June 2014) and the average customer would think "wow free money if I get this phone" and ultimately buy it. I probably shouldn't have said discount but well now you know what I mean ;)

Upvote 0
The Mega is being released this friday

With new activation it will be $350
for upgrades it is $400

After this holiday season price will go up to $500 again

S4 and S3 will have a $30 mail in rebate for new act which sucks

The new alcatel fierce is one of the best phones to get if your upgrading your phone. $99 for android with a quad core processor. I hope this helps anyone. Also the black friday special is just the christmas special

starts from 11/21 - 12 /31

Reactions: Bard and akmsr
Upvote 0
$400 for Mega. It's a hefty price -_- but very tempting.

I use Spirit and my wife use S3. Both of them work just fine so really no need to upgrade but.. still tempting...

Its tempting until you realize that $400 is NOT really a great deal ($500 being a total rip off) when you consider that you could get a gsm unlocked one for an average price of $420 on ebay. :(

Upvote 0
It's very bad deal. You can get Nexus 5 for this money.

The Mega is more of an experiment on Samsungs part, if people like the bigger phones they'll make more that are better than the Mega, it's only a dual core and I think it's screen is only 720p so it seems like they didn't want to drop too much money into it until they know people want those kinds of phones

Upvote 0
Not for their current customers they don't.

And what, $30 whole dollars? On 4 and 5 hundred dollar phones?! Hell, the Spirit rebate was more than Double that and it was a real rebate.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

hey its something and i didnt say it was for new or existing customers just said it was there because it wasn't mentioned on the previous post.

Upvote 0
looks like metro is going to do the crap T-mobile always did that made me switch. everything is always for new activation. Screw the loyal customers.

Current customers aren't getting screwed. As a sales rep, I have to illustrate this every day:

Current Customer pays $499 - $100 Instant Rebate + $15 Upgrade Fee* = $414

New Customer pays $499 - $100 Instant Rebate - $50 Bonus Rebate + $60 Monthly Service Fee = $409

So, if saving an additional $5 is more important to you than is keeping your current Metro phone number, then go ahead and just activate a new line of service!

*where applicable ;-)

Upvote 0
as much as i'm a fan of metro, i've noticed that too, the local shops around here in tampa,fl try to say "yeah you'll get a discount it's for new and current customers" then they seriously **** you out of the phone.at the end of the day i barely want a phone instore anymore i found this company called "Zopo" it's a asain company and well. they have phones that are like the S3, S4,Note 2 for prices that make anyone ******* lawl. XD there's this phone i plan on getting if their newest phone is still sold out by sometime next week called the Zopo ZP990 S Captain. it's a quad core phablet that beats the shit out of the s3,and note 2 for 50 bucks less then what metro has it for.check that shit out for yourself. :p
Buy ZOPO Mobile Phone at Official Authorized Shop
did i mention dat camara. sooo sexy. 13 megapixels with a 5 megapixal really a 8 megapixal camara. only crappy thing about this phone is the lack of LTE support but honestly t-moblies GSM speeds translate over to metro pcs GSM network also. so again that shit is worthed it. :p

but i don't think anyone heard this but! there's a new eight core phone by these guys and shockingly enough it's even cheaper, even cheaper then the phone above. take a look. tho it's already sold out give it abit of time to restock it's everything the S4 is for like half the price if that shit. 299 can't beat that.
here's the pre-order page:
ZOPO ZP998 @ **********

here's the makers page for the phone.
ZOPO ZP998

only thing about that pre-order page is saddly i don't believe you get all the goodles from ordering directly from zopo themselfs but still dat price for a phone that blows the crap out of damn near all of the other phones that use snapdragon 800 cpus!

EDIT: X_X sorry guys it's not letting me post the URL to the preorder page i found that hasn't closed up for the phone Y_Y but here, here's the first news article on the phone ^_^
http://www.gizchina.com/2013/11/21/zopo-zp998-true-8-core-phone-specifications/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones