• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro pcs BYOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
U should really stop misleading folks or at least check out a link before posting it in the forum. We are supposed to be informed or just use your Google search button sometimes. Link is non-existent

The date clearly says June 12, Maybe you should start reading a little more before commenting.

Upvote 0
yea it said it would work on t-mobile or at&t questions is now that metro is trying out gsm technology will they be on same bands as t-mobile? probaly most likely and if so i dont think t-mo would care either way both companies under one roof.

I sure hope it does work on same bands as tmobile...although I don't mid switching to tmobile...but metropcs community is better...and so is my data plan(30 dollars)...

Upvote 0
Lots of cool stuff coming as we can see gets me all excited. My only question is if the unlocked gs4 from Google will be $649 how much will a metro branded one cost? I can't see metro selling theirs for $649 knowing the Google version will be that much and with this byod plan that forces metro to sell below $600 so hopefully they will sell for $550-$580. $600 max

Upvote 0
Lots of cool stuff coming as we can see gets me all excited. My only question is if the unlocked gs4 from Google will be $649 how much will a metro branded one cost? I can't see metro selling theirs for $649 knowing the Google version will be that much and with this byod plan that forces metro to sell below $600 so hopefully they will sell for $550-$580. $600 max

Or just wait for black Friday...best time to buy electronics in my opinion...

Reactions: imSHAD
Upvote 0
yea it said it would work on t-mobile or at&t questions is now that metro is trying out gsm technology will they be on same bands as t-mobile? probaly most likely and if so i dont think t-mo would care either way both companies under one roof.

gsm is gsm, thus tmo & att use the same bands.

The Nexus 4 will work great on tmo/metro, but no LTE. Word is next Nexus will be GSM only again... but will have LTE. Actually the N4 has LTE... just no antenna. ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah but would that hspa work properly on metro...

its tmo's hspa+ so I dont see why. ;)

you can basically think of it like this, metro/cdma going buh bye, and tmo will use the LTE they acquired from metro while offering about the same cost/plans metro currently offers, or maybe a slight adjustment. ;)

Upvote 0
its tmo's hspa+ so I dont see why. ;)

you can basically think of it like this, metro/cdma going buh bye, and tmo will use the LTE they acquired from metro while offering about the same cost/plans metro currently offers, or maybe a slight adjustment. ;)

That's what I'm talking about :)...hopefully our current plans will be grandfathered if someone chooses to get a new phone...

Upvote 0

It would have to be the same band as T-Mobile, just be wasting spectrum that they dont have to have it any other way

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones