• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

METRO PCS LG G STYLO Users: Update To Marshmallow

i just about to join the metro/tmo M fold....
after i rooted stock metro...i touched the build prop.....
like in the build prop mod instructions....
but..i forgot to correct permissions before reboot
and bricked it....
after flashing stock 5.0 metro..
i figured i'd go for 6.0 since it was basically ready to go...i'm on the m update download right now
and i had to ignore a call...
doods gonna take it personal..i can feel it...ooops
life
going for M now...on my Tmoetro
THANX FOR THE TOOLS AND KNOWLEDGE!!

hope i didnt make any of you tired me in the ZMAX forum...
im a STYLO TMoetro person now

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Mickey
Upvote 0
Woke up to this seems official. Questions... Upon receiving my phone I rooted lp 5.1.1 with king root and flashed twrp succesfully ...right after root I backed up Rom with bloatware. I later found katana Rom so I flashed it successfully to my surprise it came with su root over king root I was surprised but works perfectly. Now my question is if I flash my 5.1.1 rooted backup could I apply update over it or do I need to be bone stock? I ask because I remember android system was able to apply update over root as long as all original apps were installed so need to know if this still holds true. tia

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-14-11-04-30.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-14-11-04-30.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0
Nope, have to go back to complete stock, even if you haven't deleted any apps the root binaries are still there, it won't install. Also you need to have the stock recovery to take an OTA, so there's that as well.
And of course my dumb ass goes right away and tries to install the new update (OTA) and I takes me straight to TWRP and at that point I just wanted to kill my self cause now when I reboot it won't show the notification to do the update again even though it didn't even update for me. Currently I am going back to stock recovery and trying to figure out a way I can get that notification to come back so I can install it. If you know a way I could that would be great!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones