• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

METRO PCS LG G STYLO Users: Update To Marshmallow

Upvote 0
follow steps 1-6 in the first post http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-how-to-root-t-mobile-6-0-update.1008880/

i am trying to get confirmation from someone on a question i have...i thought that step 6-1 referring to using kingroot wasnt there when he initially made that thread, so i'm pretty sure you can just skip that step to avoid using kingroot correct?

You can try the ADB commands but IIRC, I don't know if those worked for everyone. That may be why the kingroot step was added later. Not sure, though. I personally used Kingroot because those steps didn't work for me. YMMV

Upvote 0
OK, so I have a unique situation (I think). I was impatient and did the t-mobile update on my metropcs phone. But now I went back to an update I had made on my phone, and I am on Android 5.1.1 MS63110j, and metro recognizes my phone as up to date. Is there a way I can flash marshmallow on to my phone without the OTA update?

Upvote 0
OK, so I have a unique situation (I think). I was impatient and did the t-mobile update on my metropcs phone. But now I went back to an update I had made on my phone, and I am on Android 5.1.1 MS63110j, and metro recognizes my phone as up to date. Is there a way I can flash marshmallow on to my phone without the OTA update?
There's a mm kdz for metro somewhere around here, lg up is required
here you go

Upvote 0
It worked thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-26-11-52-02.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-26-11-52-02.png
    70 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0
How to Update to Marshmallow for Metro PCS LG G Stylo Users

This is my first tutorial so please bear with me.

I also hold no responsibility if your phone blows up, electrocutes you, or reaches sentience and tries to rule the world. In other words, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I would like to give a warm thank you to:
@TMacgnolia
@DrakenFX
quangnhut123 @ xdadevelopers
@Blu8
and a very special thank you to @RonnieMatson for his patience and assistance in helping me acheive updating my own phone to MM. If anyone was forgotten, please let me know!

Requirements:

LG G STYLO on Stock, No Root
To return to stock from root use this: http://androidforums.com/threads/rom-lg-g-stylo-h631-ms631-v10j-stock-restore.949196/

LG Flash Tool 2014 and LG Drivers http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190

Tmobile H63110i_00.kdz found here:http://androidforums.com/threads/re...s-kdz-for-t-mobile-metro-fido-for-now.927867/
NOTE!!! Do Not use the Metro .kdz!!!

PC with internet connection

And (obviously) a usb data transfer cable

Now that we have everything we need, let's move on!

ON PC END

1: Extract the LG Flash Tool 2014.zip to your PC desktop.
2: Move the 10i.kdz to the LG Flash Tool 2014 Folder. ( The .kdz must be in the same folder as the LG Flash Tool 2014 .exe!!!)
3: Install the LG Drivers to your PC

ON PHONE END

1: Enable Developer Options (Settings, About Phone, Tap Build Number 5 times)
2: In Developer options, make sure USB Debugging and OEM Unlock are checked
3: Power off phone for 10 seconds
4: Put phone in Download Mode ( When phone is powered off, hold volume up and plug in usb data tranfer cable from PC to phone

ON PC END

1: Run LG Flash Tool 2014 as administrator
2: Select Type: CDMA, PhoneMode: DIAG, Reset time: 33000, Select KDZ file: H63110i_00.kdz
3: Hit CSE Flash
4: Hit Start
5: A Select Country and Language window will pop up
6: Select Different under Country and English under Language
7: Hit OK and the flashing process will start

NOTE!!! you will receive an error about not being able to connect to the server on your PC. THIS IS NORMAL!!! Ignore this error and wait for your phone to finish flashing. If all is going well, COM and a Number should appear on your phone during the flashing process. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM PC UNTIL FLASH IS COMPLETED!!! Once your phone is finished flashing, it will restart. You will now be on H63110i.

ON PHONE END

1: Go to Settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Reset THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR DATA FROM INTERNAL STORAGE SO BACKUP TO SD IF IMPORTANT!
2: Your phone will restart twice. Once finished, Set up your phone as a new device.
3: Enable Developer Options, and make sure OEM Unlock and USB Debugging are checked.
4: Go to Settings, Date & Time, and uncheck Auto-date & time.
5: Manually set your phones time to 11:30 PM
6: Connect phone to Wifi
7: Go to Settings, About Phone, Update Center System updates.
8: Your phone should now download approx. a 60MB update and restart. Let the update finish and your phone will restart.
9: you are now on H63110j
10: Repeat steps 6-8 2 more times. you will receive approx a 147MB update to H63110l and a final approx 767MB update to H63120b which is Marshmallow!

Enjoy the fruits and flavour of your labour!!!

FINAL NOTE: If anything in this tutorial was redundant, incomprehensible, or unnecessary please inform me and I will do my best to correct it.

hey thank you very much i used this page and it help me very much and i now have marshmello

Upvote 0

I also hold no responsibility if your phone blows up, electrocutes you, or reaches sentience and tries to rule the world. In other words, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

@TMacgnolia
@DrakenFX
@Blu8
and a very special thank you to @RonnieMatson for his patience and assistance in helping me acheive updating my own phone to MM. If anyone was forgotten, please let me know!

Requirements:

To return to stock from root use this: http://androidforums.com/threads/rom-lg-g-stylo-h631-ms631-v10j-stock-restore.949196/

LG Flash Tool 2014 and LG Drivers http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190

Tmobile H63110i_00.kdz found here:http://androidforums.com/threads/re...s-kdz-for-t-mobile-metro-fido-for-now.927867/

ON PC END

2: Move the 10i.kdz to the LG Flash Tool 2014 Folder. ( The .kdz must be in the same folder as the LG Flash Tool 2014 .exe!!!)

ON PHONE END

4: Put phone in Download Mode ( When phone is powered off, hold volume up and plug in usb data tranfer cable from PC to phone

ON PC END

2: Select Type: CDMA, PhoneMode: DIAG, Reset time: 33000, Select KDZ file: H63110i_00.kdz

NOTE!!! you will receive an error about not being able to connect to the server on your PC. THIS IS NORMAL!!! Ignore this error and wait for your phone to finish flashing. If all is going well, COM and a Number should appear on your phone during the flashing process. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM PC UNTIL FLASH IS COMPLETED!!! Once your phone is finished flashing, it will restart. You will now be on H63110i.

ON PHONE END

1: Go to Settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Reset THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR DATA FROM INTERNAL STORAGE SO BACKUP TO SD IF IMPORTANT!
2: Your phone will restart twice. Once finished, Set up your phone as a new device.
3: Enable Developer Options, and make sure OEM Unlock and USB Debugging are checked.
8: Your phone should now download approx. a 60MB update and restart. Let the update finish and your phone will restart.
10: Repeat steps 6-8 2 more times. you will receive approx a 147MB update to H63110l and a final approx 767MB update to H63120b which is Marshmallow!

FINAL NOTE: If anything in this tutorial was redundant, incomprehensible, or unnecessary please inform me and I will do my best to correct it.

@TMacgnolia
@DrakenFX
@Blu8

Requirements:

ON PC END

ON PHONE END

ON PC END

ON PHONE END

Hey just wanted to say thanks again my phone is working perfect and your web page help alot. but i now have another question for you. I have a LG G Stylo with Marshmallow now thanks to you can i Reroot my Phone again with Marshmallow?

Upvote 0
Afaik @Alfredo Cone , if your using the tmobile marshmallow.kdz, you can use @TMacgnolia method for rooting the tmo Mm update for metro users. It consists of using adb and fast boot on a pc. Give me a bit and ill try to find the link. If you have stock MM metropcs, im not certain if the same method will work. If this is incorrect, please anyone feel free to clarify.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I made a post awhile back about how I always got an error message when trying to update my LG G Stylo to 6.0 and with much reluctance, I finally caved and saved all my text messages and did a factory reset. The update just became available so I tried it and it got an error message at the exact same spot as it always has. I only downloaded a couple of apps like Candy Crush, Yahoo mail and chomp sms I think so I barely have anything on there. Unless one of those apps are the problem, it looks like I have to take my phone in to get a replacement. They are discontinued though so they will have to order one. I am under warranty but I think they still charge me which makes no sense. That's what a warranty is for, so you don't have to pay anything. Anyway, is this my only course of action without putting a mod/root on my phone? I guess I could wait until the update comes back and delete every app and try again but could one of those apps really be affecting the update or is my phone just defective?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I made a post awhile back about how I always got an error message when trying to update my LG G Stylo to 6.0 and with much reluctance, I finally caved and saved all my text messages and did a factory reset. The update just became available so I tried it and it got an error message at the exact same spot as it always has. I only downloaded a couple of apps like Candy Crush, Yahoo mail and chomp sms I think so I barely have anything on there. Unless one of those apps are the problem, it looks like I have to take my phone in to get a replacement. They are discontinued though so they will have to order one. I am under warranty but I think they still charge me which makes no sense. That's what a warranty is for, so you don't have to pay anything. Anyway, is this my only course of action without putting a mod/root on my phone? I guess I could wait until the update comes back and delete every app and try again but could one of those apps really be affecting the update or is my phone just defective?

Which method did you try? LG UP?

Another option:
You may have to go back to Lollipop and then upgrade via OTA to MM

Upvote 0
Which method did you try? LG UP?

Another option:
You may have to go back to Lollipop and then upgrade via OTA to MM

I am on 5.1.1 right now. I tried to update via OTA. I always get the same error in the same spot. I was advised to do a factory reset by like everyone so I finally did. My phone is not rooted. It's stock. I have not messed with LG UP. Only OTA.

**UPDATE** I called Metro PCS and they just gave me lame options to exchange the phone so I called LG. She directed me to this site
http://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...669720-file-media-transfer-pictures-music-etc

and told me they released an update for 6.0 and LG suite would let me get it. I downloaded and installed it and it told me that my device wasn't supportted and told me to download LG Bridge and linked me to it. Long story short, it worked!! I now am running 6.0 so anyone in the same boat as me can go to their official website and upgrade to 6.0

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Mickey
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones