1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Metro PCS MarvelC Unlocked, S-on - Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by careloads, Apr 15, 2012.

1. careloads

careloads Newbie

Tried rooting all day yesterday...snags everywhere. I have to be missing something.

Unlocked
    MarvelC
    HBoot 1.10.0000
    Android 2.3.4
    Software 2.00.155.07

SuperTool says ROOTED, SuperUser not recognizing any apps, as stated in other threads. Tried to download WFS Manager, Dead Link-Error 404.

SimpleGoldCard gives error when I try to format SD card

I cant even remember all the things I tried from all the threads, I am at my wit's end...You guys helped me before with my Esteem and I am ever so grateful!!

Clarificatiion:

I dont think Supertool is connecting with my phone. It runs the scripts ultrafast and there is no indication that the phone is responding. It will not reboot on command. Debugging is on.

Update: On a hunch I tried Supertool on a different pc. It Interacted with the phone fine and said ROOTED. I re-installed Superuser, then Rom Manager and RM says not rooted...continuing...

I tried the flashing Root.zip like (step2 [GUIDE] How to Root the Wildfire S ) like moustafaatchy did and that just led to the red triangle situation...UGHH!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. careloads

careloads Newbie

Does anybody have any ideas? Thank you for all you do!

3. careloads

careloads Newbie

I just did the force app to sd procedure and that worked so at least now the phone functions without low memory errors.

4. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

careloads likes this.
  5. careloads

careloads Newbie

Thanks for the reply!
    I saw that post at some point and got distracted...so many posts my head was spinning!

6. chicle

chicle Well-Known Member

Try insink71's metropcs 1.1 Rom, it should root your phone. Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?832o9otiu6713m8

Do a backup, just in case.....:)

careloads likes this.

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews