• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Metro PCS system update

Can you post a screenshot of the about software info again? Did anything else changed besides software version?
@Xavier Black Could you take a look at this?
[I am still using stock] I have yet to see anyone post how to remove TWRP. I installed it using Flashify.
1. If U want to install the update, it seems that TWRP must be uninstalled/removed somehow.
a. I have yet to see anyone explain how to do this? If possible?
2. If U have TWRP installed, is it possible to use KDZ to update the phone?

EDIT: According to this, https://www.theandroidsoul.com/remove-twrp-recovery-restore-stock-recovery/, U can only remove TWRP by installing the original recovery for the phone. Is this possible? Does anyone know where to get the original recovery?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's the original TouchWiz so you can get rid of the twrp..
I downloaded the zip and opened it in Windows Explorer. [I have SuperSU v2.82 installed if that matters]. How does this zip help me?
1. Can U elaborate a bit more about TouchWiz? [as it pertains to my issue]
2. Is TouchWiz installable via Google Play as with other apps?
3. I saw some articles about TouchWiz and Samsung. Does it apply to LG phones too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That one is the one which gave me the TouchWiz..
Ok, 2 stupid questions.
I have been updating SuperSU for quite some time now on my LG.
1. I would have updated to this version at some point?
a. And, if so, I would already have TouchWiz installed on my LG and never been aware of this?
b. And, if so, how could I verify this?
2. If not, does this zip file have to be flashed in order to install v2.72? [and TouchWiz?]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones