1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support metro pcs vs?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by agtdroog, Apr 28, 2011.

1. agtdroog

agtdroog Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    i wanna start off by saying that im new to the forum and i tried the search function already but i didnt find what i was looking for, so i hope yalll can help me.. ok so metro pcs is the only company ive been with..since i was 17 i think..im 22 now..so ive never had any other carrier..right now i have the indulge, i know one of the main reasons that people go to metro is because of the no contract and cheap unlimited talk and text, so now my question is, how do you guys compare metro to sprint, att and verizon? i ask because im seriously thinking on a switch..seems like everyone always has problems with data here at metro..either poor signal or no signal..especially for 4g..and the lack of 3g makes it worse. are any of you also considering a switch? if so to what? im thinking HTC thunderbolt...or maybe an evo..but since ive never had another carrier im not sure if ill be having the same data issues as with metro..,is there any other near future phones some of yall are waiting for to make a switch? i hope some of yall can give me some input on these questions... i know its a lot of questions and i appreciate the help ahead of time.
    -Adan

Advertisement

2. rjsweesy

rjsweesy Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 13, 2010
    im always thinking the grass is greener on the other side until i get to the store and they price it out for me..my butt hole starts to pucker, which is my queue to leave

3. betsuni78

betsuni78 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    San Francisco
    You're here posting this because you have thoughts of going to other carriers, which is fine... but what are you hoping to gain by going to these other carriers, and how much more are you willing to pay? And what part of the map you're in helps with making the decision.

4. agtdroog

agtdroog Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    well actually im trying to find out IF i can gain something...better data speeds, or better data converage period, better call quality etc.., as for the money i know im gonna have to pay alot more than i pay at metro, but im willing to(if its worth it)..right now i have the $50 plan..but i mean i got the phone for the 4g speeds but i rarely get them.. i used to have the optimus m and coverage on that was also weak...most of the time.. i live in Turlock California, and im in the "strong" coverage area.. i was just wondering if any one else here was thinking on making a move and to what carrier..or if anyone here is waiting for a certain phone worth making the move to...like i said ive never had any other carrier before so i dont really know..but i know alot of the people here have, so i was hoping maybe they could share some insight..

5. MikesTooLz

None

Nov 24, 2010
    Computer Tech
    Miami, Florida
    I would say that you should hold out through the rest of this month until after the update that will be rolled out to our phones for 4G and see how things are then.

From that point you will have an idea of what metro will be like for a while and can start going to other carriers to compair.

6. ickster

ickster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    N. Texas
    Don't even get me going......check the forums! They have carrier specific forums here on the front page. Each carrier has their own forums on their websites too. IMO pricewise they go starting with most expensive.....
    att,verizon,t-mobile,sprint,metro.
    Bang for the buck best to worst..
    metro,sprint,t-mobile, a last place tie with verizon and att
    Customer service-they all suck....worst to best Sprint, metro,verizon, t-mobile,att
    4g quality best to worse
    metro,verizon, sprint, t-mobile,att (I think lte is better-right?)
    Metro only gets low marks on CS because it's hard to get a real person. They can be persuaded to help though.

Rememember my caveat....IMO! Don't slam me please. Just my opinion based on my research and experience.
    And I just got back from trying someone else..Sprint. Don't ask. I came back after 12 days. Notice I put them at the top of my list for worst customer service. And their 4g sucked.IMO.

7. agtdroog

agtdroog Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    what update? what ever it is i hope it makes a things a little better couse yeah metro aint bad for the money but wrong with it being better..even if just a bit..

lol ...but thanks your input is apreaciated

8. confed

confed Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Philly
    if you had crappy service with the optimus you probably should have never upgraded in the first place and shelled out $400. Wait a few months at least to get something out of the money you put down and if you are gonna switch, sell the indulge before a new phone comes out.

9. agtdroog

agtdroog Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    yeah forsure..i upgraded just because i liked the phone..not really for better service..but i did think 4g would be a nice changed..and yeah i sold my optimus m before i got the indulge and if i ever do get a new phone ill sell the indulge.. but yeah ill prob wait it out see if things get better.. i was just tyring to hear the experience others had with other carriers thats all

10. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Male
    I do stuff, with things
    The major carriers are pretty much bullshit. T-Mo is going away, AT&T is the devil, VZW caps and throttles data... Sprint's the only viable option. Call me biased, but I can't complain at all about their service. $68 (corp. discount FTW) gets me unlimited everything (mobile-to-mobile any network, nights, weekends, SMS, MMS, data) and 450 anytime minutes. Their data is TRULY unlimited, 4G is available in many markets, they don't care if you tether, and you get VZW's network as a backup (unlimited + 300mb data).

11. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    I think you'd get a better answer by posting on the HowardForums

12. nootrak4

nootrak4 Member
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    Here is my Take i just came from sprint about 3 weeks now and i will not lie to you I hate the same things you hate 4g sucks phone get suck and no data pass-through then comes the worst part of it all going from 4g to 2g. man there is such a gap there at it hurts when you need to get an email. But i didnt change from sprint because they are a bad company i changed because i wanted to save more money and i know metro had upgraded there coverage which was the thing that kept me back. Coverage wise. You will not have that problems with the other 4. they all offer 3g consistently, 4g is other story At least on sprint I was getting 1.2mbs - 2mbs down which is close to what i get on this phone with there 4g. but that drop in speed from 2mbs to 128kbs is a killer. if you do the math to send a a 1mb picture on 1x is a killer compare to 4g (i had to do this yesterday i was trying to send a picture of a Fck up Smart jack and it took about 3mins to send and when it did send the picture was cut in half and had to switch to 4g and it send it in like 10 seconds).

Here is my 2cent If you want better coverage (internet wise) then any of the other 4 will do for you. Sprint in my opinion is the best choice, But keep in mind you will be paying a lot more. I had the $100 plan + 10 (4G) and all the taxs after it came out to about $130-$134 a month.

This is why i made the switch, that is a $80-$84 dollar savings. I was under no impression that metro was going to be better. i was always of the thought of you get what you pay for, but i figure i would ride the wave for now and see how things go. I will give them until September and see how it goes. I like metro but the fact that i cant use there 4g network because there radio is not optimize for battery performance really suck (keep in mind you cant blame the network for a shitty phone). The super spotty 4g coverage also suck (i don't mean living in a area where i almost get 4g or right at the edge, i mean in a 4g Area like NYC which is suppose to be fully covered. Also the PENETRATION, GOD DAMN this is such a Fing problem for me). But like i said every time i get pissed i think of the one thing that made me switch $80-$84 dollar i can keep in my pockets That comes out to be about $960 I get to keep in my pocket. I can upgrade my server at the end of the year with that kind of money, from 20gb of ram to 40gb of ram.

13. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    The penetration issue is the one of the main reasons why metro is pushing out 4g so fast.
    They, of course, weren't that big at the beginning and couldn't afford going head to head with the major carriers in spectrum bidding wars.
    So they got stuck with a high band that had no penetration whatsoever.
    Supposedly, once they figure things out with 4g, things should improve drastically, or so I heard...
    Let's all hope HF wasn't just feeding me BS at the time!

14. confed

confed Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Philly
    holy crap. you almost did it. you missed the oft eluded 1 year necro by 1 day! try again in 364 days and you should be good to go.

Aside from that, i am glad your problem got fixed and it sucks it took that long.

15. deuce947

deuce947 Member
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    So very true, I have to keep my indulge sitting on my window sil to even connect to 4g at home. And the 3g is absent all together.