1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Metro/T-Mobile service

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by bg1287, Nov 14, 2014.

1. bg1287

bg1287 Well-Known Member

I already currently have T-Mobile... so does that mean if I switched to Metro, I should expect the exact same service? downloads and everything?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. the hulk

the hulk Android Enthusiast

yes and no, same reception, data is the same too, but T-mobile direct data is prioritized ahead of metro, there really isn't a noticeable data difference.

3. bg1287

bg1287 Well-Known Member

So... would it be slower than T-Mobile..?

4. the hulk

it can be sometimes allegedly, but i've compared speed tests with friends, standing side by side with metro and tmobile and the speeds were both consistent with each other, never noticed a lag

5. bg1287

bg1287 Well-Known Member

So shouldn't be an issue then? I already have T-Mobile... long as I could expect the same coverage and speeds... I'd love to take advantage of their 60 dollar unlimited everything plan.

6. the hulk

that's what I'm doing, just waiting on the note 4 edge

7. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

The Terms of Service allow them to prioritize service but I've never seen or heard of them do it and from what I've seen I'm sure the part of there Quality of Service software that handles that isnt configured to do it.

8. confed

confed Android Expert

I've never seen a difference in data speeds but I've seen a difference in call quality. And even that was minimal or could be attributed to the phones in use

9. the hulk

I've noticed stronger cellular reception on the T-mobile branded side also

confed likes this.
  10. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Android Enthusiast

I'm in Miramar, FL, 33027 zip code and I think they just deployed the Wideband LTE, look at this speed.

I'm on an S3 GSM LTE version.

[​IMG]

alfick3 likes this.
  11. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Looks like my speeds here in Detroit

12. bg1287

bg1287 Well-Known Member

Just switched my S3 today to the Metro's network for their family plan 55 dollar unlimited plan... So far everything is working great. Nice to have unlimited. Almost seems as if the speeds are faster through Metro though... can't make any sense out of that