1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General MetroFlash

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daluvamann, Oct 29, 2011.

1. daluvamann

daluvamann Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I am getting bored with the Ascend but I really can't afford a new phone right now and I think the Ascend is really as beefed up (ROM-wise) as its realistically gonna get. I want a new phone but not really feeling the prices of the "good" phones that metro offers right now... I see mteezey has evos that have been flashed to metro and that leads me to my question...
    What is the fastest or most powerful phone right now that can be safely flashed to metro? Although almost anything is an upgrade compared to the ascend, if I'm gonna spend money on a new phone I want to move up a bit in the food chain, feel me?

Advertisement

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    I would go with the Evo. But thats just me personally. You can pick up EVO 4Gs and EVO 3Ds on Ebay and Craigslist for 200 bucks all day. Theres so many out there their cheap.

Ill probably be upgrading in the next month. Im watching the Esteem. Dont really want to put out 350+ for a phone on Metro or even 250 after the rebate so I figured I'd wait since the holidays are coming and plus everytime I buy something I swear to you within 2 weeks the price drops ahahaha

daluvamann likes this.
  3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None

I agree w/ShinySide,lots of EVO'S(4G,3D,SHIFT) out there that are flashed to METRO or CRICKET.Either would be a great choice.
    If you check out CRAIGSLIST,you'll probably see some NEXUS S 4G's that are flashed as well.
    Just don't expect the 4G to work on METRO w/a flashed SPRINT phone.I'm 99% sure the hardware isn't compatible to utilize METRO's 4G.Definitely try everything out before walking away w/the phone in hand,should you go this route.
    If ya go the CRAIGSLIST route,I'd strongly suggest meeting the seller @ the appropriate original retailer (SPRINT or VERIZON) to verify a clean ESN.I'm aware this is possible w/o visiting the store,but,it's a good way to stay safe & weed out potentially bad deals from taking place.

daluvamann likes this.
  4. mteezey

mteezey Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Detroit,MI

Droid x or evo was what I looked for. You mainly wanna look for highly customizable devices. In my case the evo even the store I had flash it put cm7 metropcs edition on it. Tip go to the hood to have it flashed. Your gonna have to pay to get the esn added to metro. So its easier to save yourself the headache of programming the data. But don't worry you can still flash away and not lose the data setting for metro.(at least on the evo). But if you wait for the right person to sell you will pay next to nothing. I paid 120 from my wife white evo and 100 for mine. But hey still love the ascend that's why I'm here.

daluvamann likes this.