1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [MetroPCS] 4.3 update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dcap0187, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Rooqy

Rooqy Member

Hey guys so I have the Metro S4 and I'm thinking about trying one of the Knox free Roms but everyone that doesn't update their modem to the mk2 modem has issues. My question is if I Odin just the mk2 modem just like everyone else on T-Mobile is doing will I be ok? I know the Metro S4 is almost the same as the T-Mobile S4 but I'd like to make sure before I try it and mess anything up haha.

Advertisement

2. ARocker

ARocker Android Expert

That may be true for the Tmobile phones but I dont think its necessary for us as we have a different modem altogether. No one has mentioned that issue here and I know some (like me) have flashed Tmobile 4.3 roms.

I used the rom below and all was well.
    [ROM|TW|4.3|MK2] Modified Stock M919UVUEMK2 V1.4 [CIQ|KNOX-FREE][12/10/2013] - xda-developers
    No modem flashing was necessary.

nuttmeg and Rooqy like this.
  3. Rooqy

Rooqy Member

Nicee! I'm gonna flash one of the infamous Roms and if there's any issues I'll let you guys know.
    Thanks ARocker!!

4. danyvw

danyvw Android Enthusiast

I'm running a T-Mobile 4.3 Stok Deodexed ROM without flashing any modem and everything works flawlessly but WiFi call and MyMetro app. I had to do it in order to get my Galaxy Gear working with my Metro S4.

5. dcap0187

dcap0187 Well-Known Member

Update is ready. Time to start asking for kitkat.

6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

ehhh I don't know if that's going to happen any time soon. I mean the Note 3 isn't even going to get it until like Q2 next year. I mean I imagine though that the S4 would get it before the N3. :D

7. dcap0187

I have the update downloaded, but im a bit reluctant to hit the install button. Has anyone updated yet?

ARocker likes this.
  8. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

pull the zip from cache, then everyone can have it.

ARocker likes this.
  9. ARocker

ARocker Android Expert

Yes, do that :)

10. dcap0187

I ef'd up and installed it already. I've been out of town on work and figured I wouldn't be near my pc anytime soon so I just installed it. Sorry guys......I suck

11. Shabbypenguin

no need to apologize, you dont owe anyone anything. sides form my understanding nuttmeg is already working on pulling it as well :)

mike28 likes this.
  12. dcap0187

I know I just like to contribute. for all who haven't updated yet, The changes Subtle but you can tell the difference. Plus there is little to no bloat at all. I also like the option under application manager to turn apps off.

13. dcap0187

our phone seems to be supported with kies 3 now after the 4.3 update. i wonder if the firmware could be snagged during an emergency recovery.

mike28 and ARocker like this.
  14. Shabbypenguin

it can, not sure of the directory it saves em to though.

15. ARocker

ARocker Android Expert

Anyone bite the bullet and install the update? I need a recovery backup from someone who installed 4.3 so i can make a rom.

Rooqy likes this.
  16. dcap0187

i snagged our firmware i have the md5 from kies. i would like to have someone host it for me though.
    private msg me and ill send you a link to my server. the file is 2.22 gigs

danyvw and ARocker like this.
  17. Shabbypenguin

shoot me a link ill toss it on shabbypenguin.com :)

danyvw and ARocker like this.
  18. dcap0187

im raring the file one sec

19. ARocker

ARocker Android Expert

Thanks guys!!

20. Shabbypenguin

i got about another 50 mins and it will be up on shabbypenguin.com :)

download and extract from the rar and youll have a fully functional tar to restore peoples phones with too :D. plus the tar is the best way to start with rom development.

Rooqy and ARocker like this.
  21. danyvw

danyvw Android Enthusiast

Thanks both, downloading from shabbypenguin.com right now.

22. Shabbypenguin

at some point i need to move it to the other folder i had created for it, so when you 2 finish lemme know so i can move it

23. dcap0187

in my opinion after the 4.3 update I think you should do a factory reset. my phone was acting funny and the battery was draining faster than usual, but after the factory reset it seems to have smoothed out All the bs.

24. Vasolini

Vasolini Newbie

I'm getting ready to install the update. If I notice the same behavior, I'll post it here before and after a factory reset.

25. dcap0187

My battery is much much better today, yesterday it was crap.