1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Metropcs 4g seems slower, is my service throttled?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Phoneguru11, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Phoneguru11

Phoneguru11 Newbie

I have metropcs and I just switched from the $60 unlimited plan to the $40 3gb plan.

I noticed that when I had the unlimited plan things would download a 2-3 MB a second.

Now on the $40 plan things are downloading at 300 KB a second.

I have about 4/5 bars on 4g. I'm in a different town now. Could that cause the data to be that slow? From 3mb a sec to 300 KB a sec?

Ive only used 76mb so far. Could metro be throttling my service? I called metropcs tech support and they didn't say anything about it being throttled. I'm just wondering because I've downloaded a couple torrents.

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It could be that they're throttling torrent connections, but not others. It's a common practice. Other companies block torrents completely.

3. Phoneguru11

Phoneguru11 Newbie

I noticed that the downloads from the google play store go at 300-500 KB a second. I'm in a different area, but the service bar icon is the same as where I was before. When I was in a different town, it would download from the play store at 3-4 MB a sec. If my overall cell service was throttles/slowed down, would it be slower than 400 kbps?