• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] A bunch of stuff for f6 metro. Root, recovery, fuse sd, team black out etc

A full dumb, because I back up some apps with rom toolkit lite and now I cant restore them, would appreciate if you could.

Oh! You want all system apps and odexes! A dump of the partition won't help you too much, I'll just pull the apps and zip them up for you. Just unzip and use a root browser to either copy over your system/app folder or pick and choose what to put back.

Upvote 0
Toke, thank you for taking the time to post this and keeping us in the loop. I was on the verge of buying a brand-new GS3 from MPCS, but the $369 price tag was just a bit over what I wanted to pay.

With the F6 now having a decent root method/bloat removal/apps to sd card in place, I can now purchase this instead!

I don't care if you're a Dev or not: You're a Good Man, and I DO care what they say about you! :D

Reactions: Tokenpoke
Upvote 0
Ok. I figured out how to install fonts... kinda.
Only seems to work for web browser right now, I may have to edit some system files to get the main screens working.

I used font installer (root) by jRummy. Link in a second.

Op updated with handy tip. Here's font app I used.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.font.installer

Playing with settings until I can get it to do a full system font install.

Op updated with font app I trust and directions on changing all fonts...
y6u3uve7.jpg
ne4yvate.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok so i need a computer to run cydia? Any way to do this without a pc? My HD took a crap last week and im running ubuntu from a flash right now.

In theory you should be able to use that setup. Wine isn't a very big application. Might take a while though, Just due to limited data transfer speeds on usb.
No apk based root that I know of works for this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones