• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Metropcs android update failed, not enough space to dowload

My cache is 98% free with 290 MB. But I still cannot download the update. However my system is only 11% free with 173 MB, which is less than required 201 MB. I still do not understand why my new L70 does not see the update. Unless it was updated by itself. But I checked the version and Build number on the new L70 and saw nothing new.

Upvote 0
Ok not sure why the download is not working, LG made the cache partition on this device only 295mb, in the past OTA has always been download to the cache partition so i'm not sure why, even with more than the requirement met, the OTA refuses to download. Lonestar aka "kenboyles72" even cleared his cache partition and had over 1 gig free on his data partition and it still wouldnt download for him. If you are eager to update, do it via the unbrick thread with the new 10C kdz file. Heres the link for the new 10C KDZ.

I'll have a flashable zip that will upgrade you from 10B on MS323 to 10C in a few days so stay tune for that.

Side note, because the cache partition is only 295mb, you can kiss android L goodbye lol cause im almost certain the OTA file will be bigger than what the cache partition can hold, that is if its downloading to cache partition. Idunno cause this phone is weird af and wont download ota with almost everything cleared.

Reactions: jplsteel
Upvote 0
Ok not sure why the download is not working, LG made the cache partition on this device only 295mb, in the past OTA has always been download to the cache partition so i'm not sure why, even with more than the requirement met, the OTA refuses to download. Lonestar aka "kenboyles72" even cleared his cache partition and had over 1 gig free on his data partition and it still wouldnt download for him. If you are eager to update, do it via the unbrick thread with the new 10C kdz file. Heres the link for the new 10C KDZ.

I'll have a flashable zip that will upgrade you from 10B on MS323 to 10C in a few days so stay tune for that.

Side note, because the cache partition is only 295mb, you can kiss android L goodbye lol cause im almost certain the OTA file will be bigger than what the cache partition can hold, that is if its downloading to cache partition. Idunno cause this phone is weird af and wont download ota with almost everything cleared.

I'll do what everyone's scared to do and flash the 10C kdz onto my phone via the unbrick method. I don't need root much other than to speed up my phone. I'll update when it's installed.

Upvote 0
Well sh*t, With LG screwing this entire OTA not downloading crap & with no way to root by updating via flashtool, you should definitely all stay on 10B atleast those who require root should.
Since the towelroot exploit is patched in 10C and there being no other way to root right now, Our only hope is if someone can get the actual OTA on their device somehow and upload it here before flashing it.
The second way we can go about this is getting the .tot file for the 10C firmware so that i can extract it and root the system, but thats a long shot since no one has the .tot file at least that i know of, and sammyz has been M.I.A so i cant get in touch with him if knows or has access to that file.

As far as i can tell theres no noticeably changes done with this update so i will be continuing to work on my ROM based on the 10B source. If you want to disable the OTA notification follow these instructions [TIPS] Disable Nexus 7 OTA/Upgrade Nag - Post #1 - XDA Forums

Upvote 0
I'm curious.. How are these updates rolled out ??

I'm curious too. All my L70s were bought from MetroPCS. My understanding is they have the same hardware and software. How come one got the (failed) update, and another one did not?

Guys are these your first android phones? Or first one that ever got an OTA?? On Android, updates are rolled out to a certain percentage of phones first, then it expands to more and more until all the L70 eventually gets the update. If you need more detailed answers, Google is your best friend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones