1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MetroPCS B20 update available now

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wade_county, May 10, 2017.

1. wade_county

wade_county Newbie

New B20 OTA available now for MetroPCS Zmax Pro. Also if you read the comments in this youtube video, it might be the last update. It seems like this is a small security patch bug fixes update. (no nougat)

txhottiemommy likes this.
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by asianrocker, May 10, 2017 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

According to some Beta testers, B20 was the last update they got and they shut the beta down.

I cannot confirm because I was not in the Beta.

I wish they would release a changelog or even a statement about the changes.

I haven't downloaded the update yet.

4. jhgfrtu

jhgfrtu Well-Known Member

Anyone know of an app that can copy the ota.zip without root?

5. asianrocker

asianrocker Android Enthusiast

Not in a hurry to update if this will be the last update anyway, might as well wait till this phone really mess up. Since one of the mods in ZTE kept saying oh this update will work flawlessly if you factory reset after update!! No sht Sherlock, something wrong with that mod. IN fact all his 'fix' is factory reset, wow what a genius.

Nintendo1889 likes this.
  6. wade_county

wade_county Newbie

I installed it and it's running fine. I don't get why you need to factory reset a phone for a security patch update. I've never had to before. Maybe if it was a full major OS update, then sure.

7. RazorRabbit

RazorRabbit Lurker

I updated the B-20,and now I have no notification icon hovering over my text icon.so now if I X-out my top window,I could easily forget I have a text waiting.not happy.my zmax pro was running smooth,and strong until I updated.thought it may have been nougat,but guess that's not going to happen now.what a shame too.this is marked as an inexpensive"throw away phone"but I have loved it since day one,and now it has started to suck.

8. Yes, so i just updated also and my msgs are doing the same thing? Is there not a fix for this??

9. RazorRabbit

RazorRabbit Lurker

I sure hope so.also my fingerprints aren't registering well

10. eagerbeaver

eagerbeaver Lurker

Same here, no notification icon for text messages after B20 update.

11. imrock666

imrock666 Newbie

Just updated now... Let's see what's going on with this OTA

Attached Files:

12. imrock666

imrock666 Newbie

Attached Files:

13. jhgfrtu

jhgfrtu Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for your replies. I'm glad I didn't update. My zmax pro came with b14 out of the box with no issues. I'll stay Un-updated.

14. imrock666

imrock666 Newbie

Everything's working fine so far. Not a single problem yet. Don't know why so many people stay away from updates? This is not Samsung or Huawei with a lot of custom UI should be fine any minor update

15. ZMAX4EVER

ZMAX4EVER Well-Known Member

I have not updated yet. May not... depending on if the msg notification and fingerprint scanner stuff checks out as ok. B14 fixed all stuff B12 messed up and I really don't want to mess everything up again.

16. 5318008

5318008 Well-Known Member

Are multi touch issues any better on B20?

17. NeoZiggy

NeoZiggy Android Enthusiast

This is correct, it was the last update.

The changes were additional RCS (rich communication services) support, the Android March security patch, and they modified the charging voltage.... If I remember.

If your on anything below B17 and have battery issues you should update, it could help.

#16 NeoZiggy, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    tube517 likes this.
  18. NeoZiggy

No. Issues were never addressed at all.

5318008 likes this.
  19. TrilbyBoy

TrilbyBoy Newbie

I'm still on B08, should I say there?

20. ZMAX4EVER

ZMAX4EVER Well-Known Member

So... the Paul teck (or whatever) guy on YouTube claims that everything works great after the B20 update. Are there or aren't there messaging notification issues and problems with missed messages?

21. Nintendo1889

Nintendo1889 Android Enthusiast

I set com.ztefingerprints.service to be not battery optimized and it made no difference. Ah well.

22. Nintendo1889

Nintendo1889 Android Enthusiast

Is the phone more responsive on b20?

23. 5318008

5318008 Well-Known Member

Feels more responsive to me but that's just a feeling, no hard numbers to back it up. Feels like RAM/governor settings were tweaked a little, background apps don't reload as often, things seem just a little faster. Went ahead and took the update the other day. I do have the messaging app badge icon issue though, but I'm not that bothered.

tube517 likes this.
  24. NeoZiggy

I would update.
    I liked the beta build B17 better but B20 is the final. I would say it's more responsive and the animations are smoother.

25. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Yeah it's snappier on B20. I cleared cache partition after my update and I reboot my phone 2-3 times a week anyways. No issues.

5318008 likes this.
  26. Is there a way to revert back to the previous version?

ZTE Zmax Pro Forum

The ZTE Zmax Pro release date was July 2016. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 617 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

July 2016
Release Date
Reviews