• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] 32 or 64

Got the 64GB it's great..when i first got it unmounted and removed my 32..was saying it was damage for some reason and wouldn't mount or format for nothing..had to use my esteem to reformat it after that it's smooth sealing ..already down to 10 gigz mostly 720p movies 4-5 gig files gotta love it :D

Upvote 0
64 works but u gotta format it to fat 32 format. and alot of people dont know that win 7 and win 8 don't give options to format it to that format anymore. i used a program called EaseUS Partition Master 9.1.1 Home Edition that should give u the option to format it to fat32 or else your phone wont be able to read/write to it. im sure there are other apps out there to do it with, but thats how i did mine.

Upvote 0
64 works but u gotta format it to fat 32 format. and alot of people dont know that win 7 and win 8 don't give options to format it to that format anymore. i used a program called EaseUS Partition Master 9.1.1 Home Edition that should give u the option to format it to fat32 or else your phone wont be able to read/write to it. im sure there are other apps out there to do it with, but thats how i did mine.

If you want try the below suggestion
1. connect flash card to system.
2. go to device manager and select USB from Disk drives option.
3. Right click it and choose policies tab and set optimize for performance option.
4. close every thing and open command prompt
5. use format command: format *flash carddrivename* /FS:FAT32 /Q /X

I do this all day at work

Y'all know Linux code I know windows :)

Upvote 0
3. Right click it and choose policies tab and set optimize for performance option.

Thats pretty neat good pointing out.

Upvote 0

I have a friend that's a Windows coder, from way back in 3.1 days. He works in Redmond for MS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones