• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] 4.1.2 Jellybean issues

Everything has been working fine on my phone. The update installed some new apps (e.g., Swype, Help, Group Play) and new features (integrated call/text blocking). The interface is slightly changed and (IMO) improved. Some options in the settings have been changed as well. I've also noticed Google Voice Search is now integrated into the OS, (i.e., I used to uninstalled Voice Search; now I can't, and it's part of the phone's Settings.) The update could have made other changes that I have not discovered.

I lost my root after the update, and I have been unable to re-root the phone. The old Automatic Root no longer works. I read the only way to get the root back is to use Odin to flash ROMS back and forth, which I would rather not do because I do not want to flash ROMs and increment the phone's flash count. I

Upvote 0
Everything has been working fine on my phone. The update installed some new apps (e.g., Swype, Help, Group Play) and new features (call/text blocking). I've noticed Google Voice Search is now integrated into the OS, (i.e., I used to uninstalled Voice Search; now I can't, and it's part of the phone's Settings.)

I lost my root after the update, and I have been unable to re-root the phone. The old Automatic Root no longer works. I read the only way to get the root back is to use Odin to flash ROMS back and forth, which I would rather not do because I do not want to flash ROMs and increment the phone's flash count. I

Pretty much the only way to root...

Upvote 0
Check other posts.......
you do not have to flash roms back and forth

check here

And follow the instructions........in other words.......read it

The instructions say flash back to stock ICS ROM and then to Jellybean, or override the Jellybean pushed onto my system with some modded version of Jellybean. No thanks. I already have the official version of Jellybean on my phone, and it is working fine. I'm not flashing anything else onto it to replace the perfectly fine official Jellybean I already have on my phone with another version of Jellybean. I just need to add root access. I just need to be patient. And someone needs to hurry up and make an updated automatic rooting tool.

Upvote 0
that is NOT flashing back and forth
the files are there
odin/CWM/su
just real simple and easy
I had to flash roms because I did the update being rooted/bloatware missing/etc. and the OTA will ONLY work on a stock rom with no root, so my situation was different (everyone's is) but after the OTA and JB 4.1.2 this was the quickest easiest way to root (for me)

Upvote 0
that is NOT flashing back and forth
the files are there
odin/CWM/su
just real simple and easy
I had to flash roms because I did the update being rooted/bloatware missing/etc. and the OTA will ONLY work on a stock rom with no root, so my situation was different (everyone's is) but after the OTA and JB 4.1.2 this was the quickest easiest way to root (for me)
Hm. I had root when Samsung pushed the Jellybean 4.1.2 update onto my phone. The update just replace my ROM and erased my root access.

Also, I really had bad experience with ClockworkMod Recovery. When I had LG Esteem, I installed ROM Manager Premium. Over the year I was using LG Esteem, I had never flashed ROM so I had never needed CWM. Then, I wanted to sell LG Esteem and wipe the phone clean (after I bought Samsung Galaxy S3.) It was almost impossible to remove CWM from the phone. Once it got onto a phone, it simply refused to go away. I had to go through a whole lot of troubles to get it off the phone. I do not really want to deal with CWM again.

Upvote 0
Every time there's an update with something from metro i see tons of people complaining that never came around before. Funny how that works.

It is ridiculous. Especially the amount of purple who feel the need to downgrade because of an OTA from metro. The work from the few great devs and modders definitely makes up for the others though

Upvote 0
When I'm playing music in my car thru the aux cord, a text comes thru, resets the equalizer and the music comes on the phones speaker until the screen has been touched or unlocked. Same thing happened when I was on metropolis 1.0.5 but at the time I thought it was just a minor bug...Also, battery life tends to drop a bit faster.

Upvote 0
So far, I've been using it for a day, but my LED Notifications, Red and Blue looks kind of Light blue and light Red... Also, the Samsung Keyboard fonts used to be change with all the System fonts, but now It can't be change... Good thing the include Swype and that keyboard change with the system fonts. Those are the issues I found till now, if I find other I will let them know Guys :)

Upvote 0
Idk if anyone else has this issue but when I used phone info and changed to cdma(auto) I got stuck on 3g and had to factory rest to fix it which wasnt that big of a deal for me. I tried using other applications to go back to 4g but no luck. If anyone else knows another way to fix this please post might help someone else.

Upvote 0
I am on the OTA official MB2 rom
I rooted it using the Odin/CWR deal and it's great to be rooted (for Titanium Pro)

I also see that it now shows in the settings>about>status at the very bottom that phone is MODIFIED (ie:rooted)

Speed is ok 8+Mbps down but >1Mbps up @this time

Battery life: SHOCKED to see 4G always send/rec every min or so and bat life was droppin @ 1% every 2-3 min under mild use
This may turn into a problem

I could get 12+ hours on ICS 4.0.4 rooted with mild use

Need a list of all the bloat/stuff that can be removed/frozen (TB+ Pro) and this may stop this battery drop I am seeing.
Has anyone come up with a list for 4.1.2 for the MetroBLOAT?

The battery life and being rooted are the most important things for myself

And does anyone know where you can look at the startup services/files so that can be edited?
I froze metrobloat easy wifi and just now called *228 to be sure roaming list was up to date, phone rebooted ok fine then the 'Unfortunately MetroPCS Easy WiFi has stopped working' showed up.
Well I for one made it a USER APP (in TB+ Pro removed from ROM and made into user app) and then froze it. Also moved Rapshitty music service from ROM and then deleted it). Froze Yahoo news&financial, made Youtube a userapp (not a ROM app) and Froze SNS (facebook app).
Still battery life drop seems to be more now than with ICS 4.0.4

Anyone to chime in?

Upvote 0
I have also noticed that my led for blue & red are not as bright as before the green led starts out dim then brightens

The battery seems to be stuck @ 98% when charging then goes to 100% It seems to be taking longer charging with stock charger

In S Voice if you go to settings -> about Beta appears instead of black background

In S Voice Still can't login to Twitter

Phone seems to run warmer & battery life decreased

Upvote 0
Every time there's an update with something from metro i see tons of people complaining that never came around before. Funny how that works.

wurd! :D but thats one of goals for us is to bring in more peeps me shabby and a few others were spamming our forum site on metro's facebook and im sure metro was busy deleting our links and thats ok 99.9% of metro employees couldn't give tech support their way out of a wet paper bag even to save their life with. and thats sad and that goes for corp and authorized dealers... its pitiful when we af members have to give tech support to such people on their page and not expect anything in return . but hey we spread the word we shared links and we gain a few more members so its all good :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones