• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [APP] My Metro App for ANY ROM

LDrifta

No Stranger 2 Danger
Jun 7, 2011
Lynn, MA
Thank you very much for posting this. This app is by far the simplest way to pay your monthly bill to MetroPCS. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get this to work for me. The app will load and I will be presented with the screen telling me to close that window and come back to the app in 5 minutes (to slow it to retrieve my account data) but I have not been able to get past that screen. I can come back in 5 minutes or 20 minutes it does not matter. No matter how much time or how many times I do this, I am still presented with the same screen again when launching the app. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem or has anyone gotten past that screen?

Upvote 0
I actually had an issue like that before.. did you try just leaving that page open till it changes? don't close it out our press home just try to sit and wait it out?

I could be wrong but I think you may need data enabled for it too? or maybe jus wifi.. im not sure lol

I just tried your suggestion of leaving it open but that did not work as well. I have always had background data turned on and have tried this app while attached to WiFi and also when only attached to one of MetroPCS's 4gLTE towers. Maybe this just isn't in the cards for me. I do appreciate your effort though. This was the one and only bloatware app I have ever found to be very useful. If anyone else has any suggestions, please throw them my way. Otherwise I will just continue to pay my monthly bill via the MetroPCS website, which while painful, isn't going to kill me. :D

Upvote 0
I just tried your suggestion of leaving it open but that did not work as well. I have always had background data turned on and have tried this app while attached to WiFi and also when only attached to one of MetroPCS's 4gLTE towers. Maybe this just isn't in the cards for me. I do appreciate your effort though. This was the one and only bloatware app I have ever found to be very useful. If anyone else has any suggestions, please throw them my way. Otherwise I will just continue to pay my monthly bill via the MetroPCS website, which while painful, isn't going to kill me. :D
haha well we don't have to give up just yet.. do you know how to get a logcat?? ill check into it if you can pull one and send it my way ;)

Upvote 0

Go into your app manager under settings and clear data in the app. Force close it then reboot. Once rebooted open app. Then press home and forget you had it open. Try to stay using something like YouTube that keeps your data going. After watching atleast 2 or 3 phone reviews of the S4 then come back and open the app. ;) let us know the outcome. .....

Upvote 0
Go into your app manager under settings and clear data in the app. Force close it then reboot. Once rebooted open app. Then press home and forget you had it open. Try to stay using something like YouTube that keeps your data going. After watching atleast 2 or 3 phone reviews of the S4 then come back and open the app. ;) let us know the outcome. .....
haha thanks for the input bro ;) love how you specified what do to in-between time :D someone has been there and done that eyy?? haha

Upvote 0
haha well we don't have to give up just yet.. do you know how to get a logcat?? ill check into it if you can pull one and send it my way ;)

Thanks for the offer. I greatly appreciate it and would have taken you up on it but I have been considering flashing your MB2 ROM for awhile now and I think I am going to go ahead and do that in the next few days. I have been running the Hyperdrive ROM for the past few months and while it is a good ROM, all of its bells and whistles have given it a slight weight problem. I feel like the time has come to slim down and get fit and lean again and the MB2 ROM with its very few frills approach looks good to me. Hopefully I will have better luck with the MyMetro app on that ROM.

I did give this a try and even included the watching of 3 different ROM reviews on YouTube but still get the same screen when opening the app. It was a great suggestion though and I do appreciate the help. I had thought of clearing the data and tried that when I first ran into this problem but it didn't occur to me to create a flow of data in the hope that it would jump start the MyMetro apps data flow. That was some creative troubleshooting on your part. Since I have decided to flash a new ROM (see my reply above), this whole problem has become somewhat of a moot point but I do appreciate your help in this matter.

Upvote 0

Thanks for the offer. I greatly appreciate it and would have taken you up on it but I have been considering flashing your MB2 ROM for awhile now and I think I am going to go ahead and do that in the next few days. I have been running the Hyperdrive ROM for the past few months and while it is a good ROM, all of its bells and whistles have given it a slight weight problem. I feel like the time has come to slim down and get fit and lean again and the MB2 ROM with its very few frills approach looks good to me. Hopefully I will have better luck with the MyMetro app on that ROM.

I did give this a try and even included the watching of 3 different ROM reviews on YouTube but still get the same screen when opening the app. It was a great suggestion though and I do appreciate the help. I had thought of clearing the data and tried that when I first ran into this problem but it didn't occur to me to create a flow of data in the hope that it would jump start the MyMetro apps data flow. That was some creative troubleshooting on your part. Since I have decided to flash a new ROM (see my reply above), this whole problem has become somewhat of a moot point but I do appreciate your help in this matter.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say that flashing Ldrifta's MB2 based ROM solved my problem with the MyMetro app. It worked immediately. Thanks to everyone for their advice and especially thanks to Ldrifta for supplying us with a MyMetro app that works with any (well almost any) ROM. Sometimes it is the little things in life that make the difference and in the case of this little app, it makes a big difference. No more dealing with the MetroPCS website to pay my bill every month. YIPPEEE!! :D

Reactions: divagirl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones