• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] "Can't connect to camera" fix

jpizle

Android Expert
Mar 15, 2012
Dalton, GA
I have found when flashing some aosp ROMs I get this message. Here's how I fixed it. B4 flashing the ROM move ask your camera pics to external SD card. Then delete the folder where pics are stored on internal SD. I'm not saying this well work for every one bit it worked for me. Try it out and let me know what happens.

Edit: if using twrp you can do this from the file manager in there

well, I tried what you suggested, and it still doesnt work; and for some reason when I use the camera on the Carbon ROM, whether its the stock camera app or a 3rd party app (the app being Camera Zoom FX), when i open it up, i can mess around with the settings for as long as I like, but the moment i take a picture, the first picture will sometimes be taken, if not, the screen will go black and phone turns off, if the first picture does get taken, if I take another, it will automatically crash with the same problem, screen going black and phone turning off. Is there possibly a fix for this? I love custom roms but this is the first time I've ever experienced a problem like this on a phone

Upvote 0
well, I tried what you suggested, and it still doesnt work; and for some reason when I use the camera on the Carbon ROM, whether its the stock camera app or a 3rd party app (the app being Camera Zoom FX), when i open it up, i can mess around with the settings for as long as I like, but the moment i take a picture, the first picture will sometimes be taken, if not, the screen will go black and phone turns off, if the first picture does get taken, if I take another, it will automatically crash with the same problem, screen going black and phone turning off. Is there possibly a fix for this? I love custom roms but this is the first time I've ever experienced a problem like this on a phone

I've never experienced that. Try deleting the android folder in the internal SD and then flash. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT BACKED UP!

Upvote 0
Ugh, now my phone restarts every time I take a photo, it only happens on any ROM that's not touchwiz based .. even third party apps do it now.

As an artist with no scanner, this is a huge .. HUGE Problem ..

I feel your pain... as an average user, the want to take a picture of something unique or special without a digital camera and relying on the camera on the phone, this really makes things difficult. I thought I had the issue fixed but it was deceiving. Initially, it would be able to take many pictures, but after each use, the number of pictures that i could take decreased until taking a single picture would crash my phone. I wish there was a way to get this fixed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones