1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] Carbon Rom not installing properly...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KonadGT, Oct 20, 2014.

1. KonadGT

KonadGT Newbie

Hey guys, I've been having an issue when flashing updated versions of Carbon Rom's Android 4.4 nightlies.

Up to Mid-August I've been able to properly flash their weekly nightlies without issue (d2lte/Samsung Galaxy S III Unified). Initially through the full wipe/data process, and there on after using the dirty flash process. Lately however, when I try dirty flashing their new nightlies, the phone will sit at the boot screen and not proceed any further. Upon doing a full wipe, the phone will boot, but after signing in I'll realize that I don't have a data connection, nor can i make phone calls. In fact, once in the "Settings>About Phone>Status" screen, most of the entries are blank; including My phone #, MIN, MEID, IMEI, etc.

I once had this happen when dirty flashing, and upon changing my CDMA Subscription setting to NV, all was well. However, now after flashing the more recent nightlies, the phone won't let me change the setting from RUIM/SIM.

I've tried using the Samsung Tool from a link on XDA and the NV-Backup & Restore Tool found here to backup and restore the phones IMEI and NV data, but neither have worked.

After all of this, I'd just restore the phone back to its last working state. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, what's changed, or what step i may have missed. Can someone give me some guidance?

Thanks...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. djgyo12

djgyo12 Newbie

Mmm i think you need to upgrade boot loader to the latest one...i had the same issues before and that fixed it or try flashing with a custom kernel like lean kernel asop kk because on some roms even with the bootloeader upgraded wont have any signal or basband recognition ... I think that cm base problem..but a custom kernel will fix it...hope it helps

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews