• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Carbon Rom not installing properly...

KonadGT

Aug 22, 2011
Hey guys, I've been having an issue when flashing updated versions of Carbon Rom's Android 4.4 nightlies.

Up to Mid-August I've been able to properly flash their weekly nightlies without issue (d2lte/Samsung Galaxy S III Unified). Initially through the full wipe/data process, and there on after using the dirty flash process. Lately however, when I try dirty flashing their new nightlies, the phone will sit at the boot screen and not proceed any further. Upon doing a full wipe, the phone will boot, but after signing in I'll realize that I don't have a data connection, nor can i make phone calls. In fact, once in the "Settings>About Phone>Status" screen, most of the entries are blank; including My phone #, MIN, MEID, IMEI, etc.

I once had this happen when dirty flashing, and upon changing my CDMA Subscription setting to NV, all was well. However, now after flashing the more recent nightlies, the phone won't let me change the setting from RUIM/SIM.

I've tried using the Samsung Tool from a link on XDA and the NV-Backup & Restore Tool found here to backup and restore the phones IMEI and NV data, but neither have worked.

After all of this, I'd just restore the phone back to its last working state. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, what's changed, or what step i may have missed. Can someone give me some guidance?

Thanks...

Mmm i think you need to upgrade boot loader to the latest one...i had the same issues before and that fixed it or try flashing with a custom kernel like lean kernel asop kk because on some roms even with the bootloeader upgraded wont have any signal or basband recognition ... I think that cm base problem..but a custom kernel will fix it...hope it helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones