• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Changed to CDMA only now it won't change back!

Turn it off (not restart). Once off pull battery. Give it a few seconds. Turn on. It may take a few trys

Thanks. But I just tried that like 10 times. No luck. Can you think of anything else? It will let me change it from CDMA only to evdo only but I get no signal on evdo and it will not change to lte or anything with lte in it

Upvote 0
Nothing will change if you just restore metropolis. You need to restore a rom that has mobile network options in the settings. (bb7,cm,aokp,bb6,morph,wiz,etc..)

You should be able to do it in iohidden menu of metropolis too though, dunno why it's not sticking for you.

Or just restore your nv.

Me either everything will change but lte. And I'm a idiot. I didn't back up my nv.

Upvote 0
So just download one of the asop roms, flash it and go into settings and turn on lte/cdma like i posted above. Then restore your metropolis. The asop roms are small and you wont have to flash gapps or set it up or anything so it should be fast.

Thanks. I did as you said and flashed morph bcuz I already had it on my SD card it worked! I just wonder why it wouldn't change in the hidden menu. Oh well. Off to back up my nv lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones