• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Differences

MP40er

Dec 23, 2012
Just got my S3, I'm rooted and now I want to flash a ROM, narrowed it down to aokp or blackbean. Neither thread has any screen shots so my question is what is the difference between the two? Both in performance but mainly in appearance. thanks in advance for your opinions.

P.S. If anyone could post screen shots that would be awesome!!

Upvote 0
not gonna brick your phone but more plausible scenario would be your nv becomes corrupt and that dosn't happen from flashing any rom but more likely your system didn't save it properly. also im a personal user of black beans and i have to say it lives up to its reputation both aokp and blackbeans rock!!! the difference is really is that blackbeans is a inverted themed aokp. i highly recommend both. so no matter which one you choose you cant lose. :D

Upvote 0
not gonna brick your phone but more plausible scenario would be your nv becomes corrupt and that dosn't happen from flashing any rom but more likely your system didn't save it properly. also im a personal user of black beans and i have to say it lives up to its reputation both aokp and blackbeans rock!!! the difference is really is that blackbeans is a inverted themed aokp. i highly recommend both. so no matter which one you choose you cant lose. :D

Thanks bro...been running aokp for a few days now, maybe I will try blackbean again so I can decide for myself. I appreciate the response. Merry Christmas!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones