• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] faux kernal problems

iown

Feb 7, 2012
im trying to flash the faux kernel with cm10.1 and it will just not boot up... my phone is pluged in to the computer so after i flash cm10 and the kernel it gives me a black screen but with the charging notification light. i can restore a backup but i reallly want to flash this kernal with this rom. does the kernel even support cm10.1 or just 10

those are the only roms for the phone anyway i dont see how i could "pick the wrong rom", anyways im just not going to flash the kernel i guess my phone doesnt like it.

If you are using the wrong cm, it won't work. As shabby already said. Make sure you are using the correct rom. Cm has 2 different versions, one works, the other doesn't. Faux works with all roms that shabby posted.

Edit - you are using the wrong cm I guess but you are mentioning both throughout this thread. Please post your Rom, so we can see and remember to read thoroughly before flashing something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones