1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] Game Issues with 4.2.2 Roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ACrappyDJ, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ACrappyDJ

ACrappyDJ Member

Hey guys,
    I'm having problems playing a lot of my games on any 4.2.2 roms. I have a rooted Metro S3. GTA Vice City, Dead Space, and a few others are acting super slow, and some items in the game are all blurry. Even SuperGNES is acting up... It keeps freezing up when I play Chrono Trigger :(. However, when I go back to CM10 or any TW Rom that's 4.1 2, all of my games work fine. I'm trying to get back on 4.2.2 with all of my games working. Has anybody else experienced something like this, or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance! :)

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

I know shadowgun:deadzone actually had to release an update specifically for the S 3, so maybe those games do too...

3. hazeleyeys69

hazeleyeys69 Well-Known Member

same here,very slow and laggy while playing the gta games, and my beloved jet set radio game
    wont boot up at all

4. alexr777

alexr777 Well-Known Member

ive noticed that certain games wont even start at all, it just shows a black screen. It's not the devs fault but things like that force me to go back to touchwiz even tho I LOVE carbon or I'll just play those games on my tablet (which isnt as portable as my phone)

5. hazeleyeys69

hazeleyeys69 Well-Known Member

its probably a framework issue,just glad to know i wasnt the only one this was happening to

6. ACrappyDJ

ACrappyDJ Member

Me too. I thought I always screwed something up when I flashed a Rom. It still sinks, but hopefully if it ever gets fixed, we'll all know what to do

7. roam4

roam4 Newbie

I've experienced this on many resource intensive games while running 4.2.2, Deadspace, Mass Effect Infiltrator etc lock up randomly on 4.2.2 ROMS, once I move back to 4.1.2 the issues are gone...

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews